The Augustus Water-ers-er...?

If you do not know Augustus Waters is one of the main characters in the book/ movie "The Fault In Our Stars" by John Green.

'How does this relate to the book in any shape or form?' you may ask.

Well dear reader, there is a simple explanation:

So basically Augustus Waters is always like "I'm afraid of oblivion" and "I'm afraid no one is going to remember me when I die." And then Shailene Woodley (Hazel) replies with "...am I not enough for you?" or something like that.

In Wattpad terms Augustus Water-ers-er (for lack of a clever name let's just go with 'Waterers' m'kay?) are those who constantly and consistently publishh amazing stories and then delete them for NO reason.  'Waterers' are notorious for pulling this stunt numerous time for different stories. It's not the fact that they do this shit. No it's the fact they're repeated offenders of this same shit.

Well they have their own reason but it's usually like:

No one likes my story! *DELETE*

or

What?! Only 2 million votes. Oh no no no no no, my story is awful. Screw you my 50 ba-gillion readers. Take this!

So I always end up feeling like screaming "AM I NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU!". Hence the term Wattpad 'Waterers'.

What's worse is when they lie or spit some BS and say: "I'm just editing the story it should be up in a month's time." Then like nine months later they still haven't updated. All I can think is "this chick best have a new born child or something..."

This is different then not having time to update a story because that's understandable. But 'Waterers' generally delete their story, make up a [bad] excuse for doing so, and then jump of the face of Earth.

Beware! Waterers try to appease the masses by publishing one chapter to a brand new story to kind of distract the readers from the main problem. And the funny part is that it actually would work if the dang 'Waterers' didn't go right on ahead and end up deleting that story too!

At least...at the very least.... keep your readers updated. A simple "working on the story as we speak" or a "sorry for the delay" would suffice. But no, they continuously forgo the courtesy of doing so. And what's worse is the fact that 'Waterers' tend to have a huge following/ audience yet a lot of them don't take into account their readers feelings. People on Wattpad typically have lives outside the site so we get it; you can't always be on here. But if you finally have the urge and go 'to hell with Wattpad, I'm done with this site' tell someone gosh-darnit!

Honestly, what is the point. Yeah I know the whole 'you should write only if you enjoy it' crap. Which is true and all. But when soo many people get emotionally involved in your story you need to just finish the damn story. There's nothing worse than reading a story and having it not be finished. I, like many other people, need closu-