Chapter 6

Wednesday, September 23rd, 1994

[Tegans POV]

I woke up the next morning to my usual 6am alarm. I forgot it was only Wednesday. I got up to get changed for school when I heard Sara say something from the fort.

"Where are you going?" She asked

"I have school! What did you think? It's only Wednesday!" I answered.

"Can you skip school and hang out with me?" She pleaded.

"I can get away with a lot of stuff when dads not home. Skipping school is not one of them. So no." I answered stepping into the bathroom to brush my hair.

"Fine but after school we're going dress shopping." I stuck my head out of the bathroom and asked her,

"Why would we go dress shopping?" 

"You're going to homecoming are you not?" She questioned.

"The plan is preforming on stage with the band. I'm not wearing an over the top prom dress to be on stage." I protested. "I'm going to wear something that matches whatever the guys wear." I said putting my zip up sweatshirt on over my blue tank top I was wearing.

"Can we go dress shopping anyway?" She asked. I laughed and said,

"We can go shopping not dress shopping okay? Later today." I said "see ya I'm going to get breakfast." I said shutting my bedroom door behind me. As I was walking down the stairs I remembered that I left one of my song books on a work bench at the garage so I decided to stop by and pick it up on my way to school. "Morning mom." I said sitting down at the table for breakfast, which was already on the table. 

"Good morning. Did you guys have fun last night?" She asked.

"Oh yeah me, Sara turned my room into a huge pillow fort and made a bunch of edible cookie dough." I answered.

"Well that's good, but I meant you and your band? When are you going to preform, I'd love to see  it." She asked. Mean while Jessamine was walking back to the kitchen and when mom brought up the band she stopped by the door to listen in on the conversation.

"Oh well, I was at the studio for a till almost 10:30 and we worked on their songs trying to incorporate me into them and I also went over one of Sara's songs. She told me I could give it to the band and they loved it. And we are playing at the homecoming dance." I answered as Sara sunk into the chair next to me. 

"Great. What are you going to wear?" She asked.

"I asked her the same thing!" Sara laughed.

"And like I told you I'm going to match the bands style. What ever they wear I going to match them." I explained. "You just want to take me dress shopping because I've refused for the last three years." She nodded in agreement as I glanced back at Jessamine and Charlotte standing in the kitchen door peaking through the windows when I looked at them they ducked below the door so I couldn't see them. I rolled by eyes at them and turned back to my mom. I finished eating before pushing my chair back and said,

"I forgot my notebook at the studio last night I'm going to stop by there on the way to school, so I'll see you two after school." I said grabbing my back pack from the floor and slinging it over my shoulder. I waved back at them as they waved back and I walked down the street.

—————

I turned the corner and walked down the driveway towards the sunset curve garage. I checked the time to see I had plenty of time to get back to the school. I walked through the door and noticed something or someone laying on the couch under a pile of blankets. I froze since I had no idea who it was. I carefully crept forward a few feet to get a better look. I noticed on the floor next to the couch were very familiar looking shoes and a shirt that I knew who it was. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw an orange beanie sitting on the arm of the couch and brown hair poking out from under the blankets. I slowly walked over to the bench where my notebook was left as I picked up the book and turned back around the alarm clock on the table next to Luke went off. I froze once again not sure if I should run or I should stay. He slowly sat up and slapped the alarm to turn it off. He turned back around to stand up as he made eye contact with me and he screamed, at the same time I yelled too. He realized I had probably been standing there awhile so he dove to the floor.