Chapter 34

(Luke's POV)

It's not often I feel this way after getting off a stage. It's definitely different because it's me alone, without the band, not singing rock is also weird. But with the band we come off stage feeling incredible because we know we killed it. 

This time it wasn't like the performance wasn't good. But Tegan's reserved table being directly in front of me might just be in my head. 

"Hey, that was really good." One of the other singers 'backstage' said after I came through the curtain. It wasn't much other than a small room probably less than half the size of our studio with chairs scattered around for other singers to wait before they play. The guy, honestly at first glance looked like me. He was a bit taller, same build and had blonde hair instead of brown. "I haven't seen you around, first time here?"

"Thank you." I respond. "And yeah, first time."

"Yeah, you're really good." Another singer said. "Are you seriously a lead in a rock band?"

"Yeah, I know it's weird for me too." I say as the first guy walked over to the curtain and peaked out into the small restaurant. 

"What did you say your name was?" He asks. "I'm Collin, that's Jaden."

"Luke." I say, as Parker walked back through the curtain. "Hey, Parker right?"

"Yup. You were good out there." He nods. 

"Thanks, I appreciate it. You too."

"I just talked to your girl." He smirks, nudging my shoulder as he walked by.

"Wait, who was it Parker?" Jaden asks, still peaking out the curtain. 

"The table right in the middle." Parker answers. "She's by herself, lighter red hair."

"Oh, I see her." Jaden smiles while Collin hopped up from his chair to go look out the curtain. "Oh dang Luke, she's cute. And by the way, I'm allowed to say that, I'm gay."

"Oh, I see her." Collin peaks over Jaden's shoulder before they both walked back over to Parker and I. "What's your girlfriends name?"

"Uh- She's not my girlfriend, but her name is Tegan." I answer. 

"Wait, she's not your girlfriend?" Jaden asked. "But you just sang a song that sounds like it was for her?"

"Yeah, right now it's complicated." I laughed. 

"You guys are cute together though." Parker adds. "They come into my store sometimes. Luke literally bought her a guitar for her birthday."

"She's likes music too?" Collin asked pulling a guitar from a nearby case.

"Yeah." I nod. "She's actually the other lead singer in our rock band."

"Shut up!" Jaden gasped. "You fell for a band mate! Oh damn!"

"How's that working out for you?" Collin laughs.

"It's- weird, in a way." I answer. 

"Does your band know?" Parker asked. 

"Oh they know." I nodded. "My drummer, just tells me not to screw anything up, my bass guitarist, every time he sees us together he practically has hearts in his eyes, and my rhythmic guitarist, is like oddly supporting it, which is weird because he used to hate her."

"Wait, wait, wait, hold on." Jaden puts a hand up. "So everyone in your band knows, but her. So you brought her here to play a song you wrote for her, and didn't tell her you were playing a song at all?"

"Yeah, pretty much." I nod. 

"Wow, okay. Well with that, I should get up on stage." Collin stands from the group. "You my friend, you are a bold one."