Chapter 32

(Luke's POV)

Before I started Bright for the last song, Tegan kept a smile on her face for the crowd, walking over to me. She waved with her finger for me to step away from my microphone on my stand. 

"Is it just me, or did those songs feel a little, eh... stale?" She asks.

"Stale? Us? Never." I say.

"Yeah, but I mean there was none of this." She waved a finger between the two of us. "Come on, let's show off a bit, for those people."

"What if it's not what they're looking for?" I ask, glancing at the people in the crowd. 

"Don't look at them and make it so obvious." She laughs, turning my gaze back to her. "If what we do, 'isn't what they're looking for', so be it. That means they aren't for us and we're not for them. Come on, let's have a little fun." She lightly shoves my shoulder, backing back over to her stand. I started the song while I caught a look over my shoulder of Alex giving me one of those looks.

Tegan: Sometimes I think, I'm falling down. I wanna cry, I'm calling out. For one More try, to feel alive. And when I feel, lost and alone, I know that I, can make it home. Fight through the dark, and find the spark. Life is a risk, but I will take it. Close my eyes and jump. Together I think that we can make it. 

Tegan took her mic from her stand, stepping around it, Alex continued to give me that look that was saying 'tread lightly'. Reggie from the other side of the stage had a face that said, 'Oooooh.' Bobby gave me that head nod with a smug smile that was saying, 'Good for you man.' Through all this I was just trying to not get in my own head.

Come on let's run, and rise, through the night, you and I, we will fight to shine together. Bright forever. And rise, through the night, you and I, we will fight to shine together. Bright forever.

Luke: in times that I, doubted myself. I feel like I, needed some help. Stuck in my head, 

Tegan had put her microphone back on her stand, looking left and right to me and Reggie, waving the two of us over for our shared lyric. 

with nothing left. I feel something, around me now. So unclear, lifting me out, I found the ground. I'm marching on.

Tegan stepped back a few steps, letting Reggie and I share the microphone in the middle of the stage, she jumped back on for the lyric the three of us were on. 

Reggie and Luke: Life is a risk, but we will take it, close my eyes and jump. Together I think that we can make it.

Reggie, Luke and Tegan: Come on let's run!

Normally this was the part Reggie walked back to his side, and I jumped back over to my stand for the chorus Tegan and I sang, but this time I decided to stay on her mic, so we shared the entire second chorus. 

Luke and Tegan: And rise, through the night. You and I, we will fight to shine together. Bright Forever. And rise through the night. You and I, we will fight to shine together. Bright Forever!

For the bridge, I stayed on her mic, the crowd loved it, as she never moved away from the stand even though she wasn't singing. 

Luke: In times that I, doubted myself. I feel like I, needed some help. Stuck in my head. With nothing left.

She took her microphone off the stand, walking us just in front of her stand, and I copied her, staying right with the microphone even though I wasn't signing. And we stayed together the whole final chorus.