Chapter 18

(Lukes POV)

"Wooooo! Thats how you do it!" Reggie cheers after we got of stage. 

"The lead singer of sunset curve is officially back!" Bobby says throwing Tegan a water.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, come again?" I asked.

"Oh don't worry about it, I can't do what I do without you." Tegan laughs picking up her guitar case. "That doesn't mean I don't do it better than you."

"I'm sorry what?" I asked again. "Did I build up your confidence to much or something?"

"No of course not!" She answers walking out the back door of the building into the back ally with the rest of us. "I thank you for that. As much as it is annoying, I really appreciate it"

"Finally realized I was just trying to help you?" I ask as the five of us reached the end of the ally that led to the street. 

"Maybe just a little bit. I hate admitting you're right sometimes."

—————

After unloading all our stuff back to the garage it was getting late.

"Good job tonight guys, see you all at school." Tegan says grabbing her guitar case walking towards the door. 

"See you tomorrow!" I waved as she walked out the door. 

"You two were great tonight." Bobby says after she left.

"Well we all were on fire today." I respond. 

"You two, your just something else though." Reggie adds. "The songs you two are working on, just phenomenal."

"Well thank you, I can't take all the credit though." I said. 

"I hate to say it, you were right about her though." Bobby continues. "I was very skeptical, especially the way your brought her in, but you were right."

"Only took you a whole three months to admit it, not bad." I shrugged sarcastically

We all headed out one by one, I wasn't at home for an hour before I snuck out my window to go back to the studio. It was not a good night to be home. 

Saturday, November 22nd, 1994 (1 Month Later)

(Tegans POV)

"Hey! How's my favorite back up singer!" Jack says when I walked into his store.

"Backup singer!" I asked slightly offended, taking my guitar case strap of my shoulder. "Did Luke tell you to call me that?"

"Is it better if I tell you he did or didn't tell me to say that?" He asks in response.

"I actually don't know." I said. "But he did tell you didn't he?"

"Oh he 100 percent did, I won't even deny it." He answers. "So what's up with you? Any shows or gigs coming up?"

"Yeah, not till next week. Got anything new I gotta have?" I ask flipping through a rack.

"Oh! Yes actually, I got a bunch of new donations last week and pulled something that screams you and its perfect!" He says speeding behind the checkout counter into the back room. "Found it!" I heard him yell before speed walking back out holding a semi-transparent black long sleeve shirt with a tight plaid dress hanging over top.

"Oh that is perfect!" I said taking the hanger.

"I told you! Its very hot, its very grunge, Its very rockstar, not to mention its your size." He says taking the tag off of it. "One of my workers that was here the other night put it on the rack but I took it to the back the second I saw it. Just pair the black boots I gave you with this, absolutely stunning."