Chapter 21

Monday, December 14th, 1994

(Lukes POV)

"Dude are you good?" Alex asked, bringing me out of my zoned out state.

"What?" I said, shifting me arm over my notebook.

"Are you okay? You keep like, spacing out" Alex asks again. "Especially when you're writing. Whatcha hiding over there."

"I'm okay. And I'm not hiding anything." I answer.

"Okay then. So can I see the song then." He asks squinting at the book.

"It's not a song." I respond glancing down.

"Luke Patterson, I have known you basically your entire life. That is the notebook you've been writing songs in since we started this band, and you haven't written anything in it since then." He smirked, "You expect me to believe that?" When I hesitated before answering he raised his eye brows at me. "So I ask you again, what, are, you, hiding?"

"If you're going to interrogate me, can it not be here?" I asked in response.

"Since when do you care if random kids in our history class hear our drama?" Alex questions.

"I don't." I stated.

"So why can't we talk about it here?" He asks once again.

"Theres nothing to talk about, I'd just prefer you bombard me with questions else where." I respond, while the rest of our band walked in, catching me eye.

"See I told he's not dead." Reggie says to Tegan while I silently closed my book.

"Well I'm glad, but I wasn't really convinced." She shrugs setting her things down at her seat behind mine. "For context we were talking about you." 

"Me? Why me?" I questioned.

"Because you ditched me! You always walk with me to history, every day, without fail." She explains. "So when I waited at my locker for ever and then the minute bell rang and you weren't there, I assumed you died."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I can't believe I forgot."

"Don't worry about it." She smiles. "You can understand why I thought you died though right?"

"Yeah maybe a little." I say as I watch Alex walk towards his seat on the other side of the room, skeptically staring at me the whole time.

"What is he doing?" Tegan asks after noticing Alex. I shook my head and said,

"Not a clue."

—————

"Surprise! I didn't forget this time." I said joining Tegan at her locker after the last class of the day. 

"Knew you wouldn't." She smiles, throwing her bag over her shoulder, turning to walk towards the doors. "I'm so ready for some time in the studio. Really feel due for a good few hours of nothing but music."

"I'm there with you, I do have something to do before hand though, so why don't you go without me? Let the others know I'll be there as soon as I can would you?" I ask.

"Yeah sure I will." She nods and continues walking in our normal direction, before turning and walking backwards slowly. "Just so you know, making me walk home, then to the studio by myself, counts as ditching me again."

"Oh come on thats not fair!" I teased.

"Well life ain't fair I guess! See you at the studio" She laughs before turning back around. I did the same, before glancing over my shoulder one more time.