13 ⁀➷

"And so, since the seating arrangement was created at the start of this year to prevent excessive chatter and trouble within the class. I think it's fair for all of your partners to be your deskmate as well."

Eun Sun looked to his left, he hadn't really talked to his deskmate since school started. His deskmate looked back at him but broke eye contact quickly, she seemed jittery and Eun Sun suddenly felt bad for not introducing himself first as she looks shy.

"I'm Shin Eun Sun," He held up his hands, and it made her look back at him, "We're going to be partners for the English assignment, let's work together well."

She shook his hand briefly, "Kang Soo Min..." said in a cautious tone. 

✃- - - - - - - - - - -

A day has passed, and Juhi hoped she'll get along with Seung Rye that day, especially when Mr Kang announce what the English assignment is about. His behaviour is unpredictable, sometimes he's friendly, sometimes he's cold, and she hopes it won't be the latter today.

She came into class and greeted a couple of students who sat in front. Seung Rye was already in class, 'Probably because he came to school with Eun Sun.' Juhi thought and sat next to him. As she started to think about her part-time jobs while waiting for the class to start, Seung Rye's love alarm has been ringing non-stop for 5 minutes straight.

RING!

RING!

RING!

Juhi's thoughts snapped and she looked at a group of juniors crowding outside of their class, it wasn't the first time they'd done this. It happened on a weekly basis as the only time when they're free to go to their seniors' area is not often. 

Juhi has gotten irritated by the sound too often by now but stopped herself from asking him to mute his love alarm, as she plans to get along with him the whole day. If she did ask him, he would've probably had responses like:

"It's not my fault they're doing this."

"Why, are you jealous?"

"It's not that loud."

As Juhi continued thinking about the responses he would've said, Mr Kang arrived.

"Your English assignment is to write a story with a minimum of 100 pages that is influenced by a real-life event. It could be a historical event, it could be an event you have personally experienced, don't use a friend's event unless you have their consent and must be written in the book that they did so. As I've said, it must be influenced, not exactly copied from the event. You have to come up with your own characters and world."