4 ⁀➷

"Class dismissed."

Juhi had a few busy and productive classes and she wanted to spend her recess alone. She took her wallet and phone with her in case it gets missing. When she stepped away from her desk, a couple of classmates caught her.

"Hey, Juhi," A girl called her, "Do you want to join us for lunch?"

"Oh, sorry, I have to go to meet Mr Jonah. Thank you though." Juhi smiled.

She wasn't lying, she got called by Mr Jonah to go meet him at his office.

"Hey, let's hang out for a little after school," Tana called out too.

"You called me, sir?"

Mr Kang put down his red pen and turned to Juhi, "Ah, yes."

"You remember that the whole grade was compulsory to compete in an English essay competition?"

Juhi nodded her hands on her back.

"Well, the teachers are deciding on the top 40 students to compete in the semi-finals of the competition and you're number 18." He said straight to the point.

Juhi blinked, didn't know what she was supposed to say.

"I tell you this because we need each student's consent to put their name on the list if they want to join." He smiled at Juhi, "Congratulations."

"Thank you," Juhi said, didn't expect to even get into the semi-finals because she hardly tried.

"So, do you want to join?"

"I don't know," Juhi said honestly.

"I would encourage you to, you have written good essays in my classes. You'd have a chance to win." Mr Kang said kindly and Juhi acknowledged his praise.

"Do you need some time to think about it?"

"Yes, please."

"Alright, you can tell me before the end of this month."

"Thank you, sir."

Juhi came out of the teachers' office. She felt flattered but still not sure if she would want to compete. She has been told that she's good at writing, but she's mainly interested in arts.