5

Tessa

Emery just left for her party and Auden is at his friends house, so Hardin and I are going to the baby's first doctor's appointment this evening. It's around 5 o'clock right now, I need to start getting ready, Hardin and I are sitting at the kitchen table just scrolling through our phones and I get up.

"Tess where are you going?" Questioning

"I need to go get ready for the appointment." And he gets up and walks over to me and kneels down to my stomachs height, even though my stomach is still flat, well as flat as I can get it after giving birth to two children, our baby is still in there.

"Hi baby I'm your daddy, I don't know you yet but I already love you so much." Hardin says as he rubs my stomach. Next thing I know tears are streaming down my face and Hardin looks up at me and stands up quickly.

"Baby what's wrong." He asks frantically

"You're just so sweet." I say

"I was just telling my baby how much I love him or her, but I certainly love you more."

"Well I love our baby more than in love you." I joke and he starts to pout and I giggle

"Hardin I love my whole family equally." He gives me a kiss.

"Let's go get dressed." He grabs my hand in his and walks us to the bedroom to get changed.

I put on a pair of light ripped looser fitted blue jeans, beige puffy sweater, and white slip on shoes. Hardin wears his usual black jeans and black long sleeve.

We take his car to the doctors office and get out and walk hand in hand inside. We check in and wait for my name to be called.

"Hardin?"

"Yeah Tess?"

"Let's tell the kids tonight about the baby, since we'll have pictures and everything." I say excited

"Whatever you want baby" kissing my lips

He takes my hand again in his while we sit in the waiting room.

"Tessa" a nurse comes from this door inviting us in. We get up and walk to her and she walks us to the exam room

"The doctor will be in here in a couple minutes."

We nod while I'm sitting on the exam bed while Hardin is in the chair next to me. I can't believe after 9 years here we are again getting ready for our third child. What if I'm not ready to be a mother of 3? What if I forgot how to take care of a baby-

"Tess, it's ok calm down." Hardin grabbing my hand again and caressing it.

"I know I'm just nervous."

"Don't be you are the best mother out there, you raised two incredible children and you are ready for a third." He's amazing

"Me? You helped, it was kinda a group effort." I laugh

"Ok fair."

There's then a knock on the door and the doctor walks in. To Hardins surprise, the doctor is a male. He very quickly gets super protective and stands up and gets to my side.

"Hi I'm doctor Ralph and I'll be checking you out today, this is your first appointment correct?" He is super nice and polite.

"Yes this is our first appointment, we would like to know how far along we are and most importantly the health of the baby." I say politely

"And quickly" Hardin interrupts

The guy walks over and I pull my shirt up and he squirts the cold gu on my stomach and spreads it out then turns on the X-ray thing we see our baby, then hear the heartbeat. And I start to cry when that beautiful sound lights up the room and Hardin kisses my forehead and rubs my hand.

"Woah" dr Ralph interrupts bout moment.

"What - what's wrong" scared

"You said this was your first appointment?" He questions

"Yeah that's correct, I only found out a few days ago." I swear to god if something is wrong with my baby.

"Your baby is almost 5 months old."

I'm almost five months pregnant!

"Are you serious? Is the baby in trouble because of that?" I asked sincerely concerned

"No your baby looks very healthy and strong." I let out a sigh of relief.

"Would you like to know the gender?"

I gasp of excitement and look up at Hardin and he is smiling and nodding.

"Yes, yes please" o my god I'm so excited

"Well your baby is a" he pauses. C'mon Is he joking

"Is a what" Hardin presses quite rudely and I glare at him for being rude.

"Your baby is a GIRL!"

Ahhh O MY GOD A GIRL YES YES YES!

I look up at Hardin and he bends down and kisses my hard.

"You guys have a great day, make sure to make your next appointment in about 6 weeks."

"Thank you!" I exclaim. I can't stop smiling I'm so happy. I hop down off the table and go to get changed. Hardin and I walk back to the car both of us ecstatic. We drive back home and by the time we get home it's 6:15. Hardin has to drop me off because he has to go pick up Auden. I head inside and start on dinner. I decide to do grilled chicken with roasted potatoes and a side salad. By the time Hardin and Auden get home I just finished cooking and am setting the table. I only set for 3 because I know Emery will not be home for dinner, she will be home by 10 because that's her curfew even though she never follows it, I hope she will this time because I wanna tell her about the baby tonight.

"Hey dinners ready." I tell them from the kitchen as they're in the family room watching the baseball game. They come in and sit at the table and we eat dinner. Dinner was nice, when we finished everyone helped clean up. At around 7:30 Auden went to do homework and Hardin and I sat on the couch.

"I can't wait for emery to get home and tell her and Auden about the baby." I exclaim

"Tess, she's always late by the time she gets home Auden will be asleep."

I sigh knowing he's right.

"I know, we'll tell them tomorrow then I guess." I say saddened

"Babe don't be upset please, I hate it when you get upset." That's when I realize I'm almost crying.

"It's just we have a hard time with Emery and all I don't know if we can bring another life into this world." I choke

"Tess we don't have a hard time with her she just doesn't like to follow the rules and she has an attitude." I start laughing

"I wonder where she got that from." I laugh

"Your hormones are all over the place my angel." He gives me a kiss.

We snuggle up and watch Friends, my favorite.

At about 9:30 I dose off into Hardin's arms as he plays with my hair.