7

Emery

1 month later

I stir awake from the sun shining brightly into my room and pick up my phone and look at the time, 11:20. I'm meeting Tyler for lunch in 2 hours at a cafe. We've been dating for a month now and my parents still don't know about him.

I slid out of bed and jump in the shower and take my good ole time. I get out do skincare, brush my teeth, blow dry my hair and throw on a cute outfit.

 I get out do skincare, brush my teeth, blow dry my hair and throw on a cute outfit

Emery's outfit

It's like mid September so it's not cold but not hot, a comfortable weather right before fall. It's 12:45, I have to quickly do my makeup. Once makeup is done, it's time to leave. I head downstairs, grab my keys and go to head out.

"Where are headed?" My mom questions as she turns the corner. Her bump had really gotten big, super noticeable now. I'm actually so excited for this baby. I know my parents are very excited and that makes me happy. Auden is excited too after her got his whole talking to.

"Oh I'm going to lunch with one of my friends." I say frantically

"Ok, have fun, remember Kim, Christian, Smith, and Carly are in town and we're going to dinner tonight so don't eat too much." Shit I forgot the Vances are in town, I love them don't get me wrong but Carly is 4 years younger to me and is super annoying. My mom says that she just looks up to me but c'mon she doesn't leave me alone.

"Yeah, whatever, ok" and I head out the door, hop in the jeep and drive over to the cafe. We are meeting to celebrate our 1 month anniversary. I hope Tyler didn't get me anything cause I didn't get him anything and that would just be awkward. Sure enough I walk into the restaurant and he already there waiting patiently.

He sees me walk over and stands up. I walk over to him and give him and hug and he hugs back and kisses my cheek. It used to be awkward sure to the fact that he's a good 6 inches taller but now it's cute.

"You look beautiful"

"You're not too bad yourself" I laugh

He pulls out my chair and I sit down. He puts his hand in his pocket and pulls out a small box with a bow on it and hands it to me and smiles. I instinctively smile back "what's this"

"open it" I open it carefully and it's a gorgeous silver necklace that has a silver T on it. I gasp and smile. "Awww I love it so much" I reach over the table and kiss his lips.

"It's a T to mark you're mine." Pretty sure my heart just did a flip.

Rest of the lunch went well, we ate, chatted, laughed.

I went home with my new favorite necklace on.

I walk inside and set my keys down, and walk into the kitchen to grab a bottled water. Auden is sitting at the counter doing homework, he only does his homework when he gets in trouble at school. I grab my water and lean against the other side of the counter facing Auden.

"So what did you do?"

"Called someone in my class a dick" says blankly. I can't not help but laugh. "Why"

"The thing straight up took my homework and claimed it as his own." "Like you wouldn't do the same!" He yells

"I would, but not loud enough for a teacher to hear!" Matching his volume

"Just shut the fuck up and get out you bitch" now screaming. What happened to my innocent little brother. I'm stunned by his words but also hurt.

"Don't ever ca-" I begin to say but I hear a strong English voice scream.

"Auden!" Auden nearly jumps out of his seat. "Didn't I tell you that if I hear you swear one more time, no phone for a week." He says sternly. Auden raises his shoulders shyly as he looks at the floor.

"I would like words for an answer" Jesus Christ he's mad.

"Yeah" sayings shyly barely audible.

"Well them give it to me" even though Auden is on a barstool the 6'3 Hardin Scott still towers over him.

"I don't have it."

"Where is it"

"Um I don't know." O my god he is so stupid. Whenever my parents take away my phone they take it for at most a day and then feel bad or something and give it back to you, why can't he just do this.

"Bullshit Auden I was not born yesterday, where's the phone?" saying sternly.

"It's in my room." says so quietly

"I advise you to go get that now." Auden gets off the chair and walks upstairs to go get his phone. Geez that kid is stupid, he just made him even more mad and when my dad gets mad it's not a fun time for anyone. Auden comes back down and hands my dad his phone. And my dad walks away and into their bedroom, probably to hide it or something but literally they use the same hiding spots all the time, but Auden never gets in trouble so he probably doesn't know where those spots are. Auden sits back down pissed off as ever. I honestly find it funny for the things he gets in trouble for and for the things I get in trouble for. I just head upstairs to get ready for our dinner with the Vance's.

 I just head upstairs to get ready for our dinner with the Vance's

Emery's outfit

I match it with a pair of hot pick heels. I do my hair and makeup and finish up right when my mom comes to tell me we are leaving.