18

Emery

1 week later

it's been a week since millie came home and she is so cute, i'm obsessed.

my friends and i have planned to go into the city tonight, but i haven't told my parents yet, they think it's unsafe. i go downstairs to see my mom holding millie and my dad next to them.

"hey em." my mom says

"hey, um my friends and i are going into the city for dinner tonight." i state

"no you're not." my dad laughs

"emery, i don't know if that's a good idea." my mom says

"what why there'll be like 5 of us." i explain

"and emery that's exactly why you're not going. 5 teenage girls wondering the city is not safe." he says

"but dad why? we go into the city all the time." it's true, we're in manhattan at least 5-6 times a month. i know what i'm doing and where i'm going. also brooklyn isn't much different than the city just smaller, less busier, and a different group of people.

"because em your mom and i are there, it's not safe. end of discussion." it's so fucking ridiculous. i know not to wander around or talk to people. like what the fuck?

"ugh!" i scream in frustration and storm out.

tessa

i feel bad for emery. i believe she'll be fine, she's just have to agree to text us when she gets there and leaves.

"because em your mom and i are there, it's not safe. end of discussion." hardin says. he's being a little overprotective right now. emery screams in frustration just like a brat and millie starts to cry. i try to soothe her back to sleep.

"c'mon millie go back to sleep." i say softly to myself

"tess, lemme go put her in the crib." hardin says while reaching for millie and i hand her to him.

after he walks out i go upstairs to emerys room. i knock on the door and open it and she's laying on her bed on her phone.

"hey em." i say and stand in the doorway.

"what." she snaps

"are you going to get ready?" i ask hoping she catches on

"why do you mean?" she asks stone faced

"go out with your friends." i say and she lights up

"wh-what about dad?" she asks

"i'll deal with him." i say. "just promise me to text when u got there and leave, no walking around aimlessly, and no talking to strangers." i state

"o my god, thanks mom!" she says gives me a hug. i walk out and close the door behind me. i start to walk back downstairs as i pass audens room. i knock and open the door and see him play one of his video games.

"hey aid, whatcha doing?" i ask

"playing my game." he says and pauses it. "emery is mad at you and dad." he remarks

"not anymore, i said she can go out." i tell him.

"i told her that you'd come through." he says

"awww you're so sweet buddy for talking to her." i say and lean over his chair and hug him.

"jack asked if wanted to come over tonight, can i go?" he asks.

"yeah, of course, what time do i need to drive you?" i ask assuming he needs a ride