17

tessa

the kids are going to be here any minute to meet millie and i could not be more excited. i was super excited when emery was meeting auden for the first time. i change her into her very first outfit with hardins help of course.

"i'm so excited." i cheer and jump on hardin while millie is in her carrier

"tess you need to calm down." he says while catching me and holding me.

"i'm too excited for them to meet her." i squeal and wrap my arms around him so i don't fall back.

"how long till they get here?" i ask impatiently

"any minute now." he laughs and kisses me. "i'm so proud of you." he says

"for what?" i ask confused

"for pushing that kid out." he says motioning towards millie. i move so he'll let me down and lean over millies carrier and take her out and walk her over and lay her on a pillow on the bed

"hardin take our picture!" i squeal and he laughs pulling out his phone

i snuggle with my new baby for a little bit until there's a knock on the door and it swings open and Auden comes in quickly with a huge smile on his face

"hey buddy!" i exclaim as he walks over to us sitting on the bed.

"jesus christ auden i told you not to run ahead." emery comes stomping in angry but the anger very quickly goes away when she sees millie

"o my god." she gasps softly making me smile

i glance over at hardin who is smiling so purely

we just spend time as a family in the room for a while. the kids leave after visiting hours are over and hardin and i decide to sleep as we are exhausted while millie naps.

it's around 6 when i wake up from millie crying as hardin is carrying her around the room.

"i'm sorry tess, she won't stop crying." he apologizes.

"she's probably just hungry" i say and he brings her over so i can feed her. i turn on the tv while she eats. she's done eating around 20 minutes later, so we take her on a walk around the hospital for about an hour just to get moving. while we're on our walk, we run into my doctor and he informs us that we will be released tomorrow morning since both millie and i are doing so well.

at around 7:30 we get back to the room and hardin and i finally eat dinner. after we eat millie is fast asleep. i go brush my teeth and hardin and i lay in the small hospital bed and go to sleep.

the next morning

i wake up at around 8 to the sun shining brightly into the room. i see hardin sitting in the big chair rocking millie. i swear i love him even more. i didn't think it could happen but it has. theyre watching tv on mute with subtitles on obviously he didn't want to wake me.

hardin glances over and sees i'm awake

"look millie mommy is awake." hardin says smiling

i sit up and gesture hardin to give her to me so i can feed her.

i feed my precious baby. while i'm feeding her there's a knock on the door and the nurse comes in.

"hi mr and mrs scott, you guys are able to leave today. whenever you are ready." she states with a smile.

"thank you!" i exclain. words cannot explain my excitement to take millie home. even thought i already have 2 kids, i haven't brought one home in a while so i'm just excited.

the nurse leaves, closing the door behind her

"hardin we get to take her home!" i exclaim excitedly

"well i believe that's what she just said." he chuckles. he probably won't admit it, but i know he's ecstatic

"ok let's ask for her to get a bath before we leave." i say

sorry for the short one. the next chapter is better