135-140

136: Deadlock and witnesses

"Stop, where are you from? Dare to pretend to be a servant in my Qingzhou city?" asked a person who took the lead over there in a county lieutenant's uniform.

The four yads looked at each other, and the old man and a few villagers in the back saw the weapons in the hands of the officers and soldiers surrounding them, with sharp spears directed at them, and they all subconsciously leaned behind the four yads.

The leader of the government called Ding Lai. He took out the official documents and his own waist card from his arms, and explained with a fist: "My lord, I am the government servant of Tongshan City County. I was ordered to investigate a case. This is the county magistrate Luo Mingda. The official documents issued by the adults are urgent, so please let them go."

Ding Lai deliberately said Luo Mingda's name, hoping that these people would care about Lord Luo's identity and not make it too difficult for them.

The county lieutenant walked over and took the paperwork and looked at them, then looked at their waist cards, and then looked at the villagers behind, and said, "Tongshan County's government? What's the case?"

Ding Lai slightly lowered his head and clasped his fists and replied: "I'm sorry, Master Luo ordered to keep it confidential, and I have no comment."

There were no officers or soldiers when they crossed the river yesterday, they were there early today. Jia Xiaoren's cousin is the prefect of Qingzhou, and the entire city is under his control. This county lieutenant must have been ordered to stop them here. Obviously, they also knew what the case was.

But Ding Lai knew very well in his heart that at most they would stop them crossing the river to delay time, and would never detain them. After all, Lord Luo is a master Shangshu. This document was issued by Lord Luo. If the prefect is still smart If you do not dare to embarrass Master Luo too much.

"Wait, there is a thief in the city recently. The whole city is under martial law. I'm going to show this to the adults." After that, the county lieutenant took the paperwork and left.

Ding Lai and a few yamen frowned. The whole city was under martial law. It was nothing but nonsense. When they came here yesterday, there weren't any officers or soldiers. But according to the rules, when they come here to do business, they really need to say hello to the county government here before doing the business.

I wanted to take people back secretly without disturbing the Jia family and the officials, but I didn't expect to be stopped.

"Master stay." Ding Lai suddenly called the county lieutenant, and said: "Master Luo is still waiting for the case to be heard. Can you accommodate me?"

The county lieutenant stopped, turned around, and said righteously: "How can this work? You are also doing errands, don't you understand this rule? Wait."

With that, he walked slowly towards the city.

Ding Lai saw his attitude and knew that he had to wait.

On the other side, Luo Mingda and Xian Cheng are all waiting for the yavier and them to bring witnesses back. They were absent from the office that morning.

Waiting left and right did not wait for the officials and witnesses, but waited for Master Lu, the magistrate of Qingzhou Prefecture, Master Zhang, and his father Jia Xiaoren!

Luo Mingda looked at the three people, his eyelids jumped.

The stumbling block is coming.

"Master Lu, Master Zhang, what kind of wind is this blowing that brought the two to my Tongshan? Did you know that I have some delicious food here in Tongshan, and I came here to taste it?" Luo Mingda said haha.