Draco's Story

Draco

I remember everything.

I remember it so clearly in my mind. I wish I could forget but I know it’s impossible.

Where do I start?

It should probably be when my father descended on me with a request – no, a demand. I could tell from the look on his face that he didn’t really want to do what he had to, but he did it anyway.

It was the school break between fifth and sixth year and I was lying back on the couch with a book from our library in my hand. I heard him come in and looked up. There he was with that sick look on his face; my mother followed him with a face like stone.

“Draco…” He said as he put a hand on the side of the couch.

I just looked up at him, I had no clue what was going to come of it all. He started explaining things to me, about how it was going to change, about how his return would make our world a better place for all of us. My mother hardly looked convinced of the things he was saying but she would never go against my father, their bond was too strong for that.

When he told me about the role I would have to play I remember dropping the book and it fell to the floor.

“No! I won't do it!” I spat the words out.

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

“Draco this is our chance to-”

“I don’t care!” I cut him off sharply. “I won't do it, I didn’t sign up for anything, you did!” I slammed my fist down into the side of the couch, like it would have done any good.

That’s when he signed what was potentially my death sentence.

“You don’t have a choice Draco.”

After that my holidays were over, any chance of having a semi-regular life was over. I began my initiation into the death-eater core.

It started with the mark. When the first of it touched my skin I could feel the cold black ink seeping into my veins, infecting me with darkness. I could feel it moving, whenever he wanted me to feel it I could. I couldn’t control it in the slightest.

It was just the start.

Soon enough I couldn’t finish my studies because I had to work on the cabinets, they had to be ready. Snape helped me with that; he was one of the few who knew exactly what was going on.

I guess you know the rest. You know what happened to Dumbledore and that he stayed at our manor through what should have been my seventh year. I didn’t sleep for weeks knowing that he had the run of the place. Suddenly everything that used to be mine was under his control.