Dark Side

Pansy had made sure to get herself used to apparating. Once they stepped outside the gates she grabbed his trunk with one hand and his arm in the other and that sickly hook-in-your-belly-button feeling engulfed Draco. They landed – Draco with a lack of grace – outside a house that looked even more grim than his own.

“Are we meeting now?” He asked as he put his hands on his knees and tried not to empty his stomach all over his shoes.

She looked over derisively. “You know, we don’t always have to do this stuff at night. In fact it might actually be less conspicuous to do this in the day. Not that they’re looking for anything like this.” She chuckled a little. “Hurry up.”

They walked up towards the black doors and Draco knew that the sick feeling he had from apparating was not going away easily. He could feel the beads of sweat starting to form along his hairline.

“Draco, come on.” She grabbed him by the coat sleeve and dragged him towards the door a little faster.

As they walked inside Draco noticed that it was dimly lit and it appeared as though no one had lived here in quite some time. He figured that it was part of the concealment. They walked down the hall and into the empty kitchen. There was a door to another hallway and a wall behind a blackened stove.

“We have to go though there.” Pansy Pointed at the wall behind the stove and Draco looked over at her, unsure as to what she meant. She rolled her eyes. “It’s concealment. You can only get through if you have a Dark Mark.” She rolled up a sleeve to show him the faint trace of black ink where her mark used to be. “They got rid of most of ours but it’s still there. They can't completely get rid of it.” She grinned and Draco pulled up his sleeve to reveal his faded mark.

He could feel the darkness in it even more now that he was in this house. His forearm was throbbing as though it was on fire, but the fire was colder than ice.

“Are you coming?” Pansy was standing by the stove looking over expectantly.

“Yeah.” He watched as she climbed up on top of the stove and jumped through the wall.

He sighed shakily before following her. He felt a sensation of ice water wash over him as his body passed through the veil of the wall. He landed a little unsteadily on his feet in a dark room barely lit with old candlesticks.

“Well, well…” Draco’s skin prickled as that voice echoed against the stone walls.

He looked up slowly to see Mulciber sitting in a chair in the corner with a grin painted across his face. As Draco straightened up Mulciber stood up and walked purposefully over to stand squarely in front of him.

“If it isn’t a traitorous little rat in the flesh.” He was still grinning wickedly and Draco gave him a cool glare.

“Mulciber, I can't say I’m pleased to see you either.” He said through gritted teeth.

He let out a snide laugh. “At least you’re here to redeem yourself, unlike that father of yours.” Draco bit down on his tongue, he wanted to spit harsh words at Mulciber but he didn’t want to risk an even harsher attack from him.