Coming Back

Hermione waited in her usual compartment for the others to join her. They were on their way back to Hogwarts again. Her week had been wonderful. First she got to spend some time with Draco where they didn’t have to hide, and then she got three more days with her parents. She hadn’t realised just how much she had missed them until she spent some real time with them again. She was so glad that they were able to restore their memories, she doesn’t know what she would have done if they hadn’t been able to.

“Hermione!” Harry pushed the doors apart and walked in to give her a hug.

“Calm down Harry, it’s only been a week.” She laughed and he was followed by Ginny and Ron.

“You know, you’re going to have to come and spend some time at the Burrow when we finish for the year. Mum is just dying to see you again.” Ginny smiled.

“Of course I will, I just needed some time with my family is all.”

“What did you do then? Some kind of muggle stuff?” Ron asked and Hermione laughed even harder.

“What exactly is it that you think we do Ronald?”

He shrugged, “I don’t know, what do muggles do?”

Harry laughed along with her, having spent most of his years growing up with muggles he could relate.

“Well, basically it’s the same thing that we do, just, without magic.” Harry said very matter-of-factly.

“Well what’s the point then?” Ron turned up his nose and Hermione heard the others laugh.

She had trailed away from the conversation as she looked out the window of the train, hoping maybe to see Draco walk past. She hadn’t heard anything from him in the last few days so maybe his stay at home hadn’t been too bad. She hadn’t really expected him to say anything even if it had been bad, but she tried to think positively. She would see him later that night anyway.

“Hermione?” She turned around to see Ginny looking expectantly at her.

“Sorry, I was daydreaming or something.” She smiled.

“Are you alright? You look a bit distant.”

“Just thinking I suppose.”

“About what?”

Hermione looked back at her and smiled a little sadly. “I just can't wrap my head around the fact that this is our last train ride to Hogwarts.” Harry and Ron looked over, a misty look in their eyes that soon turned distant. “What are we going to do when it’s all over?”

“I’ve still got a year.” Ginny said, looking a little annoyed.

“Well make the most of it; I'm terrified of not knowing where to go next year. We’ll actually have to work for a living.” Hermione said.