Truth

Hermione dressed herself quickly and headed out into the halls to round up her friends. Her heart pounded, and not just because she had just told him that she loved him. Maybe slightly because she was still exhilarated from her first time, but mostly because she was nervous about finally telling her friends about her relationship.

She knew that they were not going to be happy about it, how could they be? He had always been the enemy. He had been cruel to her. Sadly, she was the most forgiving of the group and she was the only one who would be so quick to find another reason for people’s mistakes.

Well, apart from-

“Luna!” she saw that bouncing blonde hair turn a corner at the end of the passage.

She jogged to meet up with her as she turned and gave Hermione a little wave.

“Hello Hermione, are you alright?”

“Yes… well not really, are you going back to your common room?” She huffed, slightly out of breath from her frantic wandering.

“Actually I was just on my way to congratulate Neville on finishing his exams. What’s going on?” she asked.

“I don’t mean to butt in and ruin your night but I need you to tell him to gather the others and bring them to the room of requirement, it’s urgent.”

“Is this about you and Draco?”

“It’s so much more than that.” Hermione sighed.

“Oh, I thought that it might be.” Luna shrugged a little.

“There’s going to be an attack.” Hermione said.

“My father did hear something like that, but he hasn’t had the chance to publish yet.” She sighed, “Who does Neville need to gather?”

“Harry, Ron… Seamus, Dean, Ginny, all of them. They should all know.”

“I’ll tell Neville to get them to meet you.”

“As soon as possible. It needs to be now Luna.” She looked as though she understood how urgent it was and nodded, heading off quickly to find Neville.

Hermione exhaled heavily. This was really happening; they were finally going to find out the truth about what she had been hiding all year. They weren’t going to like it. Not at all.

Harry especially.

How was she supposed to explain to him that she was in love with the one student that he had hated all these years, that they all had? How was she going to tell him that there was more to him than he knew, that Draco was so much more than the bad boy he had portrayed over the last seven and a half years? This was going to be impossible. None of them would look for the good in Draco like she did; they just didn't want to see it.