To Be or Not To Be Kiraabi

"Haruno Sakura, I'm impressed with your skill and teamwork, I would like to take you as my student and train you in the ways of the Kiraa-bi."

Stunned Sakura stood open-mouthed, but unable to speak, Naruto on the other hand did not have that problem.

"Lady, you must be crazy! Sakura an assassin?! No way! Just give it up now, believe it!"

"Naruto you idiot, will you shut up and let me speak for myself!" Sakura yelled as her fist impacted the side of his face knocking him to the ground."

Both Sai and Kakashi groaned in sympathy for the fallen teen, but knew it was best they stayed out of the way. The asashin openly smiled her approval of the young woman's ability to express her mind, commenting, "Nice right hook, I see your close combat skills are well developed."

Sakura turned at her comment, remembering again that she had just be invited to become part of an elite assassin sect.

"With all do respect, Kita-san, are you sure you really want me? I'm a medical ninja and not really the strongest kunoichi in the leaf..." Sakura's voice trailed off as her old self-doubts arose once more, adding in a tiny voice almost too small to hear, "or the most beautiful."

To Naruto this was a weird dream, the things he was hearing made no sense. Why did this woman want to turn Sakura into a cold-hearted killer? Why was Sakura even considering it? And why would she ever think she's not the most beautiful woman in all of the five great ninja villages?

"Sakura, walk with me allow me to better explain what I'm offering then think about it, this is a life changing decision."

Sakura nodded numbly, her feet moved woodenly as the older kunoichi placed a hand on her shoulder and guided her towards the village.

"Kakashi-sensei! She can't be serious can she?" Naruto moaned as he climbed to his feet watching the two women disappear down the path.

Kakashi released a deep sigh, shaking his head at his student, "Yes, Naruto, this is very serious and very important for Sakura, try to be understanding."

Kakashi truly worried for Naruto sometimes...he just didn't get when to keep his mouth closed. And he was too willing to wear his heart on his sleeve where Sakura was concerned. He openly spent his days acting as her protector and buffer from the world, as if he could protect her from life. But this time his concern could hurt instead of help. Naruto was too in love to see that Sakura needed to be more before she could be his. Kakashi understood this too well, personal experience had taught him this lesson the hard way and he was still alone today for his choice many years ago.

"Sai, why don't you head on home...I need to talk to Naruto." Sai shrugged and quickly leapt to the nearest tree and began bounding for home. Kakashi turned to Naruto, "How about some ramen, Naruto, my treat?"

With his head hanging low, Naruto followed his teacher back to town, for once not overjoyed at being treated to his favorite ramen.

The two kunoichi strolled slowly back to the village under the afternoon sun, one raven and one rose, their pace was heavy like their conversation, their path meandered into the park and away from all other eyes and ears.

"So you've heard of the Kiraabi...what do you know?"

"Only that you are an elite assassin sect, your mission success rate is unequaled but no one knows anything about your training or special jutsus," Sakura replied, ever the studious and prepared student.

"That's a good start, while many see us as a sect, we see ourselves as more of a sisterhood. We find those girls with potential and teach them to fully manifest all their talents. We like to think that no Kiraabi is ever alone, we are bound by our training and our commitment. We train you to be your most powerful, equal to any man.