Training Starts

Over the rooftops he moved silent as death heading home. It had been a full day, training, the drama of Sakura being recruited to the Kiraabi. He was tired and all he could think about was a hot shower, a soft bed, and a chance to unwind from it all. He slipped through the window of his apartment, not bothering to turn on the light. Nothing ever changed in his small home and he didn't need to see to navigate around the furniture into the bathroom.

A few minutes later, his shower complete, he emerged from the steam filled room one towel around his waist, one over his head and face as he rubbed the water from his hair while heading towards his bed.

"Hmm." The sound of a throat being cleared drifted to his ears.

'Crap!' How had he missed someone being inside the apartment? Had they been there when he arrived home? Or had they broken in while he showered? It didn't matter - all that mattered now was dealing with the problem effectively...

Tensing to defend, weighing all available options, he turned slowly towards the direction of the sound. Seeing her standing there, he immediately relaxed...they'd been teammates too long for him to imagine her as an enemy. She gave him a half-smile, lifting one eyebrow at his nearly naked appearance, but said nothing.

"What are you doing here?" he asked as he looked in his closet for a pair of pants he could put on quickly. But tomorrow was laundry day and he was unsuccessful. She waited patiently as he moved to his small dresser, one hand holding the towel at his waist firmly in place to avoid any 'accidents'. From the chest he pulled a pair of simple black boxers, sliding them on under the towel, then tossing both towels on top of the dresser.

Turning to face her again, there was no missing the smirk on her face as he moved into the small living room. Curious why she was here and not at her own home, he asked, "Shouldn't you be home getting some sleep before you start your first day of training tomorrow?"

"I'll get some sleep later, I needed to see you...we never finished our discussion. I don't want to leave it hanging...at this point, I don't think I can."

"Okay," he responded slowly.

"Can you accept me as kiraabi? I really hope you can, because now that we're back in each other's lives, I want it to stay that way."

"What about your training? And when you have to leave for missions?"

"I'll always come back...Konoha is forever my home. Please don't hold training against me, its part of being a ninja."

"What about the missions...when you have to do...things...to complete your missions - what then?"

"You told me you fell in love with me on the first day of school, so long ago...I'm the same girl today I was then. Just trust me...believe in me..." She sank down onto the couch, her shoulders forward and her face in her hands.

Pulling her from the couch, taking her into his arms like he'd dreamed for years, he stared into her eyes, silent for many moments, before repeating his previous promise, "I believe in you."

It was the most beautiful thing he could have said to her. As she lifted her eyes to his, she knew that what she felt was real and would never changed. He brushed against her lips with one soft kiss, that melted her insides and made her knees weak. The second kiss lasted longer and made her moan into his mouth as he pulled her tightly against his chest.

For the first time he had her in his arms, warm against him. He didn't ask, he just swept her into his arms and carried her swiftly back into his bedroom. Laying her on his bed, his lips never left hers as he moved his body slowly over hers.

Her fingers danced up and down his spine as his tongue delved into her mouth, taking the kiss from soft and gentle to passionate and demanding. Their fingers loosened and removed the clothing that separated them until they were pressed flesh against flesh. His hands moved to the tips of her breasts, playing softly against the erect nubs. They remained tangled in a heated passion of lips and roaming hands as he gently spread her legs and positioned himself at her entrance. She gasped into their kiss as she felt him breach her opening. His hard length penetrated her in a slow motion, taking her inch by inch until he met her barrier.