Nothing is ever as it seems

Finished with their morning run, the two kunoichi walked out of the training grounds heading towards the dojo, an ANBU operative appeared before them. He handed Kita a message. Kita unfolded it, holding it between herself and Sakura allowing them both to read.

Mission brief: Leave Konoha immediately & unseen. Meet up with your team at Tanzaku Gai, there await further orders.

The message was signed and sealed by the Hokage. They finished reading the short message quickly. Looking up from the document, both nodded, then disappeared. The masked messenger's job was complete, he turned and also disappeared.

Shizune personally delivered the mission orders to Kakashi. She found Kakashi with Yamato in a conference room of the Hokage building. The two jounin were reviewing the changes to the roster for Team Kakashi.

Shizune handed Kakashi the scroll, but to save time she began briefing the duo instead of waiting for them both to read the document.

"Your team is being sent on a mission to Tanzaku Gai to escort the daughters of a local shogun back to the leaf. The children are currently hidden in a nunnery due to the kidnap threats. Lady Tsunade wishes your team to leave the village immediately - unseen. Your team is to go to there and await further instruction. Kita and Sakura are also in route and will meet you there."

The two jounin acknowledged their orders with a slight bow to the Hokage's second. Then in true ninja fashion the disappeared in two puffs of smoke.

Shizune headed back to her office. As she neared her door, Asuma and his team, Shikamaru, Ino and Choji, approached her. Shizune pressed her palm to her forehead, "Oh man, I forgot to cancel team Asuma!"

Asuma lifted a confused eyebrow at the administrator.

After Naruto had walked Sakura to the training grounds, he'd returned home and get a few more hours of sleep before again rising to face the new day.

As he slept the scents of cherry blossoms and strawberries had filled his nose...all around him soft and welcoming. He knew it was just a dream, but it was a very good one. In this dream his head was gently cushioned between Sakura's firm breasts as she gently ran her fingers through his hair, all the while she whispered vows of love only to him.

Naruto had always been alone, never truly loved. Actually he had been told again and again how unworthy he was of love, life or happiness. Yes he had friends, but the friends he had, he had fought for the right to call them friends. By showing forth courage, valor, and loyalty Naruto had won each and every friend he had. He had never known anyone that openly loved him back as deeply as he loved them. Even the person that was like a brother to him chose not to return the sentiment. A part of his heart ached to have a bond with Sakura that no one could break - not even him or Sakura. As his mind drifted through blissful dreams, his soul laid claim to the girl in his dreams. This slumber wrapped him in a warmth he had never known or expected, and as he slept, he knew he'd never let her go. Without her there would be no way for him to continue living. The very beat of his heart would forever be hers.

The pleasant dream was ended suddenly by an unexpected voice.

"Naruto, wake up!"

Naruto slowly opened his eyes first to see a mane of snow white hair through sleepy eyes. As his vision cleared, Naruto was better able to make out the face of his team leader, staring down at him. "Ughh," he groaned.

"You know for a ninja you sleep too soundly, I've been trying to wake you for the last ten minutes. If I were an enemy, you'd be long dead," Kakashi observed with no humor.

Still groggy and slow, Naruto sat up and asked, "Kakashi-sensei, what are you doing here? I thought we had this week off?"

"Things change. We have a mission. So get dressed we have to leave immediately."