Enmity

Key:

Y/H/L - Your hair length

Y/H/C - Your Hair Color

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

You felt your purse drop to the floor spilling all its contents. You could feel your heart thumping in your chest as your breath quickened into short gasps for air.

Did they touch Apollo?

Why are they in my house?

Do they want money?

Why are there so many of them?

Trembling hands turned Apollo around as you patted his face, an assurance he was there and not hurt. "Apollo, did they touch you?"

Apollo's eyes widened as he shook his head. "No Mom, they didn't. I promise you no one touched me. I even activated the security cameras if you want to check them."

You turned to the quiet countries watching the encounter. "Wha-what do you guys want? Money? I'll give it to you. I-I'll call the police if you don't go."

Their eyes widened at the threat as Malaysia stepped up. "Ma'am, you're hyperventilating, you need to sit down and calm down. If you keep up like this you'll pass out. There's a chair right behind you, how about you sit there and we'll explain everything to you, yeah?"

Nodding your head, Apollo helps you to the chair as you sit down, waiting to hear an explanation.

"So we are from a different world, and we broke our only transportation back so we need a place to hang low for a while. We think your government wants to experiment on us or some shit like that." Peru explained grumbling on the last part.

You nodded, following along with what he said. "How do I know you guys aren't some high-profile criminals? And why are all of your faces painted with country flags? Like, really big dude, you made a horrible decision with your cosplay."

Soviet grumbled as Russia laughed loudly. "I like her! She's funny."

You cracked a smile. "Thanks, man. You don't seem so bad either."

Soviet paused his grumbling and sadly looked at his still chuckling son who stilled and straightened his back like a soldier seeing his father looking at him. It's been so long since he had seen or heard his son laugh.

"I saw the plaques and awards on the wall. I think you would've known by now if we were criminals." Soviet said breaking eye contact with Russia.

"Okay, I'll give you that. I'll let you stay here. Just answer my question, why are your faces flags? And how come some of you have wings?"

Kazakhstan was the one who answered this time. "Well, it depends. Our wings can be based on history like Poland or based on our flags like mine and Mexico's. And our faces are not painted, we are actually from a different world and the human embodiments of your countries here."

You let out a breath before standing up. "Well, look around if you want, I need to talk to Apollo for a second."

Apollo gulped nervously and followed his mom to an empty room. He braced for impact when she closed the door. He was surprised to feel you engulfing him in a huge hug,

"My boy, did they do anything to you? You were alone with 18 grown-ass men. Oh, I was so scared when they came into the room." You sniffled feeling guilty you weren't home early.

"I promise that nothing happened. A lot of them are really nice especially the Latinos when you get to know them, Canada, Philippines Malaysia, Japan, Kazakhstan, and Russia. I don't know about the others because I didn't really talk to them, they just talked to others but a lot of them are nice. Although, I would be careful with Soviet."