SOULMATES CHAPTER 14

That night Alec couldn’t sleep. He was thinking about Magnus and he was also thinking how he was supposed to stay home alone when Jace leaves. So he went into the kitchen to get a late night snack.

“Alec?” Jace called out. He was also in the kitchen “Can’t sleep?” he asked
“Hmm” Alec replied. “How am I supposed to stay alone in this big house? Mom and Max won’t be back for another 8 months or so” Alec sighed.

“I thought about it” Jace said sitting next to Alec “How about we rent my room for the time being…so you won’t be alone… you will have a housemate…you won’t feel lonely” Jace said.

“Yeah…I think that can work” Alec said and walked back to his room.

He was upset. But he didn’t understand the reason. Was it because Jace was leaving or was it because Magnus was leaving? 

Next morning, he started on his project with Magnus. 
“Are you okay Alexander?” Magnus asked. He saw that Alec was not his usual self.

“I’m fine” Alec replied and continued his work.

 For the next few weeks Magnus and Alec worked day and night to complete their project. Both Magnus and Alec completely focused on the project. They only talked about work and they haven’t talked about anything personal. So they didn’t know anything about each other.

Weeks passed and it was the last 2 days of Magnus at the office.

Alec and Magnus were able to finish their project together. Even though Magnus thought that this project would make them closer…it didn’t. Alec always kept his distance. But deep inside Alec was hurting but at the same time he was so scared. 

Taking one last chance to talk to Alec, Magnus went to his desk.
“Alexander, tomorrow is my last day here. Shall we go out for dinner?” Magnus asked.

Alec was surprised and he looked at Magnus. Magnus knew that look “Just dinner to celebrate the completion of the project and my last day here.” he said.

“I wanted to ask you to dinner to celebrate the completion as well. Let’s go out for dinner tomorrow” Alec smiled with those lovely angelic eyes.
Magnus was speechless. He was so happy. Oh my God Alec was going to ask me out for dinner…finally…he thought. He couldn’t stop smiling and walked back to his desk.

Magnus was thinking about the dinner the whole day. He couldn’t even sleep because of his excitement.

It was the same for Alec…he was so excited for dinner.