SOULMATES CHAPTER 44

Few weeks have passed and they had a really tight schedule with work and all the submissions at Uni. They’ve been dating for almost 2 months now. 

Alec and Magnus spent the nights together watching movies and drawing.

They couldn’t spend much time during the day because of work. Magnus also helped Alec with his work. Magnus was talented in so many ways. 

“Alexander will you be free tomorrow? I want to go somewhere with you” Magnus said.

“I think I will be…” Alec said and checked his phone “yes I’m free tomorrow after 12”

“Okay” Magnus said smiling. “Let’s go there after 12…it’s a little far, might take 2 to 3 hours to go” 

“Okay…let’s go” Alec said stroking Magnus’s hand.

 Next day Alec came home from work and got ready to go with Magnus.
“Now…where do you want to go?” Alec asked getting into the car.

“There’s one place I want to take you to” Magnus said. “I’ll show you the way”. 

“Okay…let’s go” Alec said kissing Magnus on the cheek.

“And we need to stop to buy some flowers on the way too…”Magnus said.
“Okay” Alec said smiling. 

 After a long ride they arrived at a cemetery.

Alec looked around. “Is this a cemetery?” he asked.

“Yeah…come let’s go” Magnus said getting out of the car.
Magnus led Alec to a grave stone which read Safrina Bane.

“Magnus, is this…is this your mom’s grave?” Alec stuttered.

Magnus bent over and kept the flowers and touched the grave stone, tears falling from his eyes.

“Yes Alexander…this is her” Magnus said crouching next to the grave stone.
Alec kneeled next to him and put his hand on Magnus’s shoulder, trying to comfort him.

“I remember the day she left us like yesterday…” he said wiping his tears. “It was an accident Alexander…”he said.

Alec was shocked, he thought that it was a natural death, but an accident…he felt how painful it would have been for Magnus. 

“Were you there?” Alec asked. “When it happened?” 

“Yes I was…we were coming back to New York to see our great aunt…but this drunken driver…” Magnus was now feeling angry, he clenched his hands. 

“Magnus...Magnus you don’t have to tell me what happened…I know it was painful…” Alec said hugging Magnus stroking his head.

“That day was the worst day of my life…I was not injured, only had a scratched arm…but mom was…mom was hit really hard” he said in tears. 

“It’s okay Magnus…I understand you…it’s okay” Alec said holding Magnus’s hand.

They stayed there for a long time. 
“Should we have dinner on our way?” Alec asked.

“Yeah…let’s do that…”Magnus said. 
Magnus smiled. “Thank you for listening to me…you were the second person in my life that I’ve opened up to” he said.

“Who’s the first?” Alec asked.

“Camille…”Magnus said in a low voice not knowing if Alec will fell upset.

“I guessed that it might have been her…” Alec said still staying focused on the road. 

And there was a long silence until they got to the restaurant.

“Alexander?” Magnus said after they ordered the food “Are you angry about it?” Magnus asked.

“About what? “Alec asked.
“About Camille being the first person…”Magnus said.

“No Magnus… why would I be? I’m grateful that you had a friend like her...”Alec said smiling. “You know…I’m really proud of you Magnus Bane…you’ve achieved so much in life” Alec said stroking Magnus’s hand.  

Magnus smiled.