SOULMATES CHAPTER 97

Tyler laughed "You don't know what you did to me?"

"You took away my sister from me, you ruined my reputation at the company"

"I never took Helen away from you... What did I do to you? I never wanted to be a part of the company anyway" Magnus said.

"Do you remember the board meeting two years ago with hotel Deota, do you remember what you did there?" he asked.

"I selected a proposal for the hotel chain? So what is wrong with that?" Magnus asked.

"Do you know whose proposal you rejected? It was mine...I spent more than 2 months to work on it...and do you remember what you said about it? You said that even a second grader would make a better proposal...everyone laughed and criticized it because of you" Tyler said.

"I was speaking the truth...the whole board rejected it" Magnus said. "Is this why you are doing this? For something that minor?"

"Minor? MINOR?????" he shouted. "Do you think it was minor? My whole reputation was ruined...the directors said I was incompetent, even after one year, they didn't want to listen to that incompetent man...do you know how much I was criticized when the words got out? I couldn't stay at the company; everyone was talking behind my back...the oldest son of Asmodeus Bane was an incompetent idiot" he said clenching his fists.

"I'm sorry Tyler...I didn't know it was mentally agonizing for you...I'm really sorry" Magnus said.

"That's not all Magnus Bane...father only loves you...he always says that you are the competent one...I will never inherit his property...he has already written everything under your name..." Tyler said.

"He has done what??" Magnus asked surprised. "What do you mean?"

"Don't act like a child...you know that father loves you more than anyone...and you knew that he never really wanted to threaten your sweet boyfriend" Tyler said.

"What?" Magnus asked confused.

"You know few days ago, I came to your office...and do you know what I saw?" Tyler said walking back and forth and around Magnus. "Your sweet little boyfriend and my father laughing like little kids...was that even possible?" Tyler smirked "the great Asmodeus Bane who always thought about money was starting to like your little boyfriend...so I knew that things were about to change" he said angrily.

Magnus was listening with his eyes wide open, he looked at Alec and thought why Alec never told him about their meeting.

"Then the next day, our so called father was talking with his lawyer...and he wanted to write every property to your name..." Tyler said walking towards Magnus. "DO YOU THINK THAT IS FAIR?" he shouted keeping the gun under Magnus's chin.

Magnus was startled but he tried to keep calm. He felt his mouth drying out and his heart pounding.

"I'm sorry Tyler, I...I didn't know...I'll tell father that I don't want anything" Magnus said.

"YOU DON'T F*CKING UNDERSTAND MAGNUS!!!" Tyler shouted walking away again.

Tyler pointed the gun at Magnus "I'm sorry but you have to die for me to gain power, I need the inheritance" he said.

Alec was struggling to remove his hands from the ropes.

Magnus's heart was beating faster than ever; he was scared to death.

"Tyler do you think that you will gain the power if I die?" Magnus asked still trembling.

"Yes I will, you need to die today, now" he said still pointing the gun at Magnus.

"Tyler you don't have to do this; I'll give you all my property...I don't need any of it" Magnus said.

Tyler was shaking his head. "You need to die" he said

Magnus looked at Alec like he wanted to say good bye and smiled.

In few seconds Tyler pulled the trigger.

Alec closed his eyes and he heard 3 gunshots. The gunshots were so loud that his head was spinning and it took Alec few seconds to come back to consciousness.

When he opened his eyes Magnus was lying next to him the whole floor covered in blood.