SOULMATES CHAPTER 16

“Magnus…” Alec said.

“Um… so Magnus, I was talking with Raph the other day and he told me a lot about you…” Alec said.

“Really?” Magnus asked.

“Yeah…he said how helpful you are and that you are a really good friend.” Alec said “and…he also said that you were pretty popular among the girls and boys in college” Alec came to the topic
Magnus laughed “Did Raph tell you so? Oh my God that idiot!” Magnus said.

“So you were popular?” Alec asked folding his hands and sitting back in his chair.

“I wouldn’t say I was not” Magnus said laughing.

Alec felt jealous. He regretted asking that from Magnus. I shouldn’t have started this stupid conversation. Alec thought. Obviously Magnus was popular…how could he not be. He thought and sighed. He quickly changed the topic.

“How are you going home Magnus?” Alec asked “Shall I drop you?”

“Yeah sure!” Magnus was excited.

"Before that Alexander shall we go somewhere?” he asked.

“Where?” Alec asked.

“I’ll tell you on the way” he smiled.

Both were in the car and Magnus was giving directions to Alec to go to this place Magnus wanted to go to. And finally they arrived. It was a beautiful place with so many trees and plants. Alec felt so peaceful seeing it.

“Wow Magnus this place is so beautiful” Alec said.
Magnus smiled and said “You haven’t seen the best part yet…follow me”.

Magnus walked through the trees and flowers plants and finally reached the destination.

It was a beautiful pond may be the size of a tennis court filled with flowers around it. “I used to come here with my mother when we visited our great aunt here in New York.” Magnus said. 

Alec couldn’t believe his eyes. It was so beautiful. “I never knew New York had a place like this” he said. Alec was staring at the clear water, it relaxed his mind. 

Magnus was sitting on the grass. He signaled Alec to come and sit beside him. 

“This place is not known to anyone… only my mom, me and my great aunt knew…” Magnus continued “When I was 5 or 6…I didn’t like coming to New York... New York felt like a prison to me…So my mom and great aunt build this place so I could spend my time here…this place carries so happy many memories…I have never brought anyone here before” he said.

Alec was surprised he wanted to ask why Magnus brought him there if he has never brought anyone before. But he couldn’t build up the strength to ask…so he just stared at the water.

“But after my mother left us… I was just 13 so I only came here when I felt sad…it helped me to think clearly and get over my sadness” Magnus paused with tears in his eyes.

“I’m sorry Magnus, I didn’t know about your mother…”Alec didn’t know what to say or do “should we go home?” Alec asked trying to change the topic because he saw that Magnus was crying.

Magnus wiped his tears and looked at Alec “No Alexander…I’m fine” he said.
Alec felt the pain in Magnus’s eyes. But he didn’t know what to do. So he came closer to Magnus and held his hand. “I know how it feels Magnus” he said and wiped the tears off.