SOULMATES CHAPTER 75

“Magnus see you on Saturday” Maryse said when Magnus and Alec were leaving for college.

Magnus smile “Sure” he said and walked out of the house holding Alec’s hand.

“See you at office baby” Magnus said taking a deep breath. He walked to his lecture hall with Camille. Camille waved at Alec and Alec waved her back.

Alec waited for Josh at the cafeteria when he noticed a strange man looking at him. He couldn’t recognize his face, he was wearing a black outfit and half of his face was covered with a black cap. Alec understood that the man was looking at him, so he stood up from the chair wanting to go talk to him but right then Josh put a hand on his shoulder. 

Alec jumped. 

“Did I scare you?” Josh asked.

“No…no I was uh…” Alec struggled.

“Dude you look like you’ve seen a ghost…are you okay” Josh asked looking at Alec’s face.

“Yeah…yeah” he said and looked over to see if the man was still there…but he was not. So Alec ignored the incident and walked to the lecture hall with Josh. 
*********

After a few days Alec forgot about the strange man and he was enjoying his time with his mom and Max. He also forgot to mention it to Magnus. 

Finally, when the weekend arrived, Magnus and Alec were so excited to spend their time with Maryse and Max. 

“Mom I want to go to the amusement park!” Max said.

Alec looked at Magnus, he knew that Magnus was not good with heights. 

“Max, maybe we should go to…” Alec said but he was cut off by Magnus.

“Yeah let’s do that Max” Magnus said and looked at Alec to nod saying that he was okay.

Alec smiled. “You sure you are going to be okay?” Alec asked.

“Yeah, as long as I am with you…” Magnus said giving Alec a kiss on the cheek.

“Magnus, shall I show you my collection of dinosaurs?” Max asked.

“Yeah sure buddy” Magnus said and followed Max into his room.

Alec was so happy that Magnus and Max got along. 

When they arrived at the amusement park, Max was so excited. He grabbed Magnus by his hand and ran to the hotdog stall.

“Magnus, can you buy me one please?” Max asked pointing at a cheesy corndog.

“Sure buddy” Magnus said and he bought one for everyone.

“Thanks” Alec said kissing him on the cheek.

“Mom can we go on the Ferris wheel?” Max asked.

“Okay Max” Maryse said holding Max’s hand.

Max dragged her towards the Ferris wheel.

“Magnus will you be okay?” Alec asked.

“I think” Magnus said taking a deep breath and looking at the Ferris wheel “It doesn’t look too bad I guess” he said smiling at Alec.

Alec smiled “If you don’t want to go, don’t okay? You don’t have to force yourself” Alec said touching Magnus’s shoulder.

Magnus nodded “I’ll be okay”.

They were standing in the queue. Max was so excited and he was nibbling on his corndog looking at the high Ferris wheel. Alec was looking around; he hasn’t been to an amusement park in almost 5 years. Magnus was enjoying looking at the excited Magnus, wishing he had a brother like him. 

Right then Alec saw the same man he saw at the cafeteria looking at them from a distance. Alec was tall enough to see where the man was standing among the crowd.

“Mags, give me a minute” Alec said and ran into the crowd leaving Magnus, Maryse and Max in the queue. Magnus was puzzled. “Where are yo…” he couldn’t finish the sentence, Alec disappeared into the crowd.