SOULMATES CHAPTER 111

That evening Alec was attending his therapy sessions alone as Magnus had to leave for a sudden meeting. It was almost 6pm and Magnus still didn't return. With the help of his nurse and his clutches, Alec walked to his room. When he opened the door he couldn't believe his eyes.

His hospital room was decorated with red and silver balloons and the room was lighted up with a dozens of scented candles. It was his favourite smell; Sandalwood. There was a chair in the middle around it was a heart made with flower petals.

Magnus walked in from the door and made Alec sit down.

"Alexander do you know how many things crossed my mind when I was being strangled?"

Alec looked at Magnus confused. Magnus bent down and hugged Alec.

"People say that you understand the value of what you have when you are about to lose it...The first thing that came into my mind was you Alexander...I was worried that I wouldn't be able to tell you how much I love you again...how I would never get to kiss you or hold you in my arms...I was almost going to give up fighting for my breath, but the thought about leaving you and never being able to see you again made me want to fight back for my life. You make me want to live Alexander...I don't ever want to leave you and I want to always stay by your side, no matter what happens...no matter who comes between us...I want to fight for us, for our love" Magnus pulled back touched Alec's cheek and stood straight in front of Alec.

"Magnus..." Alec said with tears in his eyes, he couldn't believe what was happening.

Magnus reached out to his pocket and took out a small box. He kneeled in front of Alec. Alec couldn't believe his eyes.

"Although this was not my initial plan, I want to do this today and right now...Alexander Gideon Lightwood, I will never leave your side, I will always love you...will you marry me?" Magnus asked with tears in his eyes.

"Oh my God...this is really happening? Yes...Yes Magnus Bane, I will marry you and be by your side forever and always." Alec said wiping his tears.

Magnus took Alec's hand and put the ring and him hugged tightly.

"I love you so much baby" Alec said kissing Magnus on his temple.

"I love you too so much" Magnus replied.

Alec cupped his face and pulled him into a soft but deep and passionate kiss.

Izzy, Simon and Jace were hiding behind the door and screamed together and barged inside the room. Izzy was on a video call with Maryse and Jace was on a video call with Clary.

"Congratulations my lovely brothers" Izzy said and hugged both of them. She turned to Magnus "Now you're my brother too". Magnus smiled and hugged her back.

"I'm so happy for you my love" Maryse's voice said.

"Mom?" Alec asked and saw Maryse on the video call. "Thank you mom." Alec smiled.

"I'll catch you two later for not telling me what happened...but today is special so you should celebrate" Maryse said.

Alec and Magnus smiled.

"Look after him well Magnus" Maryse said.

"I sure will Maryse" Magnus said.

Asmodeus was silently sitting on his wheelchair at the corner of the room and Alec noticed him and walked towards him. "Dad, come join us..."

He smiled "I love to hear you call me dad..." Alec smiled back.

"Congratulations my son...always be happy and love each other no matter what happens" Asmodeus said hugging both of them.

"Thank you dad" both of them said together and looked at each other smiling.

And the others hugged them and congratulated them. After talking for some time they left giving Magnus and Alec some alone time.