SOULMATES CHAPTER 23

“Magnus…” Alec said taking a deep breathe “let me show you around”.
“Sure…” Magnus said and followed Alec.

Alec showed him his bedroom, the kitchen and the study area. 

“You can cook anything you want…no restrictions” Alec said.
Magnus nodded.

“Do you need any help to unpack your stuff?” Alec asked.

Magnus smiled. To be honest he didn’t need any help but he said “if you are free I’d love a helping hand.”
“Okay” Alec said nervously.

They took all the luggage to the room and started unpacking. It was completely silent that they could hear the clock tic. 

Alec noticed that Magnus was staring at him…
“Alexander…can we talk?”
Alec nodded.

“Don’t you like this? Me staying at your place?” Magnus asked
“There’s nothing like that Magnus…” Alec said.

“Then why do you look so disturbed?” Magnus asked.

“I’m sorry Magnus…It’s just that I….it’s just that I don’t…” he was struggling to talk…he took a deep breath and said “I don’t know what I feel Magnus…when I’m around you, I feel really nervous… I feel like something is stuck in my heart and throat…I don’t understand what’s happening to me…” Alec said and buried his face in his hands. He looked really tensed. 

Magnus was shocked and surprised to hear that. “Alexander…” he came close “Alexander…it’s okay…it’s fine…” he tried to comfort Alec. “You don’t have to explain…”
“I’m so sorry Magnus…” Alec said 
“You don’t have to be sorry Alexander…it’s alright” Magnus said and smiled. “You must be tired now… you go freshen up…I’ll prepare dinner.” Magnus said and went to the kitchen.

Alec had a shower and he came down…Magnus has prepared spaghetti…
“Wow it smells good” Alec said “Thank you Magnus”

Magnus smiled. “Alexander…when will you start uni?” he asked
“On 25th …” he replied. 

“Mine will be on the 27th…so after 27th we can go together” Magnus said and smiled.

Alec smiled back and said “Sure…let’s do that”
Back in his bedroom, Alec felt like a heavy burden was lifted from his shoulders and heart after he said that to Magnus. He wanted to get to know Magnus more.

Thinking about Magnus he fell asleep.
Meanwhile Magnus was trying to figure out what Alec’s true feelings were. If he liked Magnus or not. I’m somehow going to make Alexander mine, he thought and fell asleep.

The next 3 to 4 days were pretty interesting for the two boys.
They tried to get to know each other better.

Alec was unknowingly drawn to the charms of Magnus. They laughed together, cooked together and even did the laundry together.

Alec also helped Magnus to decorate his room with all his dream catchers and ornaments.

“Who is this? She looks so pretty” Alec said pointing out at a photo.

“That’s mama…and that small kid is me...that was when I was around 10 maybe…this is my favourite photo of us” Magnus took the photo and stared at it, he was fighting back his tears…he didn’t want Alec to see him cry again.
Alec noticed “Magnus…you must have gone through a lot…I’m sorry” he said and hugged Magnus.

Alec didn’t even realize that he hugged Magnus. When Magnus pulled back he said “you don’t have to be sorry Alexander…I’ve accepted that she’s already gone…” 

“If you ever want to talk about it…remember I’ll be there…” Alec said wiping the tears off Magnus’s face.
“Magnus I better go get ready for tomorrow…” Alec said and went to get ready for his first day at Uni.

After Magnus finished decorating his room and cleaning all the stuff he brought, he came out to the study room.
Alec was preparing his books and documents for his first day at Uni.

“Alexander…I was thinking…we couldn’t have a proper housewarming party and tomorrow you’ll be starting a new part of your life…should we go out for dinner?” Magnus asked.

Alec thought for a while and said “I’m sorry Magnus…shall we do it tomorrow? I’m a bit tired today…”

“Oh…it’s okay we’ll do it tomorrow…” Magnus said looking disappointed.
Alec noticed and said “Magnus how about we order something for dinner today…from your favourite restaurant” Alec smiled.

Magnus’s face cheered up “Yess!! Let’s do that!” he said and quickly went to get his phone to order his favourite menu.

“Alexander can you eat spicy food?” Magnus asked

“May be…I might be able to…how spicy are we talking about?” Alec asked, Magnus shrugged smiling and walked away.