Part 25

Chapter 25

“Zoe!” the twins cried as they ran through the door of Branson’s house. Julie gave me a quick glance and waved to Branson.

“Be good, girls!” she said.

“See you tomorrow, Julie,” Branson called as she walked away. The twins attacked my legs and started jumping up and down for me to hold them.

“Hey, little popsicles!” I said and managed to get them both in my arms. They giggled at my nickname and kissed me on the cheeks

“Can you play house with us? I want to be the baby!” CC said.

“I’m a kitty!” Evie said as they started wiggling to be put down. I placed them on the ground and gave Branson a smile.

“Then I get to be the space robot!” I called as I chased them into their bedroom with squeals of laughter. Evie started mewing as I came into their bedroom, CC putting on one of her play dresses. She put a tiara on her head and pranced around the room.

“I’m the queen!” she said and crossed her arms. I heard footsteps and peeked around the corner to see Branson grinning at all of us.

“You forgot your robot hat!” he said with a laugh. I took a handmade tinfoil hat and put it on my head.

“Thanks, babe,” I said and tackled him with a kiss.

“Whoa! The robot is attacking me, girls!” They squealed with giggles.

“I think this is one attack your daddy is going to survive,” I said and kissed him again.

“I don’t know about that,” he whispered into my hair. I pulled back with a grin and went on playing with the twins.

“Hey, I’m going to make spaghetti for dinner, okay girls?” he called to us.

“Skettie!” CC clapped her hands and pulled out her makeup kit. Oh man.

“Can you make me a pretty robot, CC?” I asked her. She nodded with a smile, spinning in a little circle.

“Evie, you should do Zoe’s hair, okay?” she instructed her sister.

“I need to be the prettiest robot at the ball,” I said.

After I was decked out, I came into the kitchen. Branson took one look at me and burst out laughing.

“You look…” He started choking he was laughing so hard, the spaghetti sauce bubbled in the background.

“You’re burning the sauce, Prince Charming. Are you going to take this robot princess to the ball?” I started moving my arms like a robot, coming toward him as he stirred the sauce.

“I wouldn’t be Prince Charming if I didn’t take my robot princess to the ball, now would I?” He drained the noodles and smiled at me. After he set the pot of noodles back on the stove, I caught him in my arms.

“Okay then,” I said and kissed him lightly.

“You look awesome.” He laughed and took the sauce off the burner.

“Girls! Dinner!” he called.

“I’m putting this on Facebook. Hold still.” He pulled out his phone, and I posed for him. That was going to haunt me later.

The twins came bursting in the kitchen, almost tripping over their pretty dresses they’d put on, makeup smeared on their round faces.

“Yay!” CC said as she climbed into her chair. Evie sat next to her, sparkles painting almost every inch of her skin.