Part 28

Chapter 28

“We’re going on a what?” I asked as Branson opened the door of Grace Alive Church.

“A treasure hunt.”

“A treasure hunt,” I said with a smile. What were we—pirates? Ay, ay, matey! The sanctuary was filled with about ten other people. I recognized Alison, Jen, and Pastor Dom, but I couldn’t really remember anybody else’s name. Pastor Dom came right over to us and pulled us both into a hug.

“So glad you guys could come! Are you ready to hunt for treasures?”

I had no idea what was going on, but everyone seemed pretty excited about it.

“Okay, let me explain this since we have some first timers in the crowd. We are hunting for God’s treasures. We’re going to pray for about twenty minutes and ask God for details of people He wants to touch tonight. Hair color, eye color, clothing style, places, and all that good stuff. Write down everything you hear, and I mean everything, on a piece of paper, and we’ll see who we are going to go find,” Pastor Dom finished, and Alison handed out some paper and pens. I was supposed to just pray and ask God for descriptions? This might be interesting. We all found our own little spot, and someone turned on soft worship music.

I closed my eyes. God, who do You want to touch today? I just listened intently, and pretty soon I begin to hear stuff. Red shirt, blue eyes, shark. Okay, weird. I listened in to God again.

Purple dress, braid, black boots. Café. Whoa! This was so much fun, and it was nice to be able to get my mind off my meeting with Jacob. After our twenty minutes, I had a few more descriptions jotted down. Pastor Dom motioned for us to join him, and we all held out our papers.

“Okay, guys, whatcha got? How about, Branson, you go first.” He looked intently at Branson as my boyfriend looked down at his paper and began to read.

“Red shirt. Walgreens,” he said.

“I wrote down red shirt too,” I interrupted because it shocked me so much.

“Good! Confirmation! What else did you write in your descriptions besides the red shirt person?” Pastor Dom asked.

“Blue eyes and shark?” I said with a laugh.

“That’s great! So we are going to look for someone with a red shirt, blue eyes, and a shark at Walgreens. What else, guys?” Everyone began to read their papers, and more than one matched our red shirt person, and my other description that I assumed was a girl. We broke up into teams of three, got into Alison’s car, and started heading toward Walgreens.

“You are going to love this, Zoe, it’s so awesome!” Branson said. We peeled into Walgreens and climbed out of the car, Branson smiling at me as he reached for my hand. I took it as we walked into Walgreens, and right away I saw a guy wearing a red shirt with a shark on it. Whoa! We beelined toward the guy, and I felt my excitement beginning to build.

“Hi! I’m Alison, and me and my friends are on a treasure hunt,” Alison started to explain. The guy nodded his head up and down.

“I love those things. What do you need?” he asked.

“It’s a little different than what you think. We start off asking God for Him to show us His treasures. And buddy, you were on our list. Red shirt, shark, Walgreens,” Branson said while showing him the stuff we’d wrote down.

“Wow, that’s awesome.”

“We wanted to tell you that you are God’s treasure, and that He values you so much. Is there anything we can pray with you about?” Alison asked.