Part 33

Chapter 33

Breathe. Breathe, Zoe, breathe. I stood outside the door of the sanctuary of our old building. The new pastor of the church had graciously allowed us to rent it for our big day. My dad was standing beside me trying really hard not to lose it.

“You look so beautiful, Zoe. I’m so proud of the woman of God you’ve become.” He kissed my cheek and tears came to my eyes.

“Dad! You’re going to make me bawl! Stop!” I scolded as I brushed my gathered tears away.

“I just messed up with you for so long. I really want you to know how proud I am of you.”

“Thanks, Daddy,” I said, trying to get control of my emotions. I didn’t want streaks going down my cheeks as I made my way down the aisle.

“Ready, baby?” he asked me. He looked so handsome in his tux. CC, Evie, and Bree Bree walked down the aisle, their hair curled in soft ringlets, wearing tutu-like dresses, and clutching lacy baskets. Bree walked unsteadily, but CC helped her. They dropped petals as soft music played, and then they just ran down the aisle giggling toward their daddy. He chuckled as they came and sat at his feet; Bree started throwing her flowers all over the place.

“Flow—er. Flow—er,” she said, and the crowd all oohed and awed.

“All arise,” Pastor Dom said with a grin. The bridal march started playing, and I gulped. This was it! My eyes locked onto Branson who was smiling at me, my breath was taken from my body. How could I have been so blessed?

This was always my plan, Zoe. I wanted to show you My love. I love you, Daughter, I love you. I felt my whole face break out into a huge smile at God’s words. My dad was sniffling beside me as we walked down the aisle.

My sleeveless white dress was embedded with thousands of glittering gems; the train was long and swept over the ground behind me like a flowing river. My hair was curled softly around my face, and a veil rested on the back of my head adorned with more shimmering gems. I felt like a princess today.

I saw my mom sitting on the side wearing a beautiful pale pink dress that sparkled, her hair pinned up in exquisite curls. Tears were sparkling on her cheeks as she smiled at me. Alison and Mia stood up front wearing turquoise one shoulder strap dresses that ruffled to their knees and silver heels that crisscrossed on their ankles. They both watched me with excitement on their faces.

We made it all the way down the aisle and stopped. Pastor Dom looked at me with a look of pure joy.

“Who gives this woman to this man?”

“Her mother and I,” my dad said with tears in his voice. He kissed my cheek and whispered, “I love you, Zoe.” He then went and sat down as Branson walked down the steps and came to me. I took his hand, and we walked up onto the stage Branson’s look melting me and made me tear up again.

“You look beautiful.”

“You too,”

“Thanks I try,” he joked. Pastor Dom continued the ceremony. We took communion, exchanged vows, and rings. It was almost the big finale. I had prepared something for the girls.

“CC, Evie, and Bree come here,” I called to them. They came running from where they had been sitting on the steps wrapping their arms around my waist.

I bent down to them, in my hand three roses.

“These are for you.” I handed one to each of them. “I want to read something to you, my beautiful girls. This is called Child of My Heart by Cindi Markham:

“Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone. Yet a child of my heart, that I call my own. On the day you were born, looking down from above, God wrapped you up warm in blankets of love. He knew that your life was destined to be, entwined with my heart, so He gave you to me. To love you, to raise you, as one of my own to give you a place to always call home. No matter the distance or time spent apart wherever life takes you, you’ll be in my heart. For God joined our lives and caused you to be a part of my world, and my family.” After I’d read the poem, I don’t think there was a dry eye in the building.

“Okay, this is the best part, Branson! I know you’ve been just itching for this!” Pastor Dom said as the little girls ran to the front row to join my mom, who was crying but smiling at the same time.

“With the power invested in me by the state of Michigan I now pronounce you man and wife! You may kiss your bride! Wahoo!” As the words left Pastor Dom’s mouth, Branson’s lips found mine in the most amazing kiss on the planet. I felt like I was going to burst with joy! He dipped me down, and we continued to kiss until everyone was shouting and cat calling. I blushed as he pulled me back up, giving me another kiss for good measure.

“That’s a kiss!” Dom said with a laugh. “I want to introduce to you all Mr. and Mrs. Branson Tate.” Cheers resounded as Branson and I started down the aisle, a funky tune blasting from the speakers.

I had a microphone in my hand, and so did Branson.

“Love rescued me, your love came into my heart and set me free,” Branson sang.

“Love rescued me, your love came into my heart and delivered me,” I sang and grinned.

Branson twirled me as we made our way past the rows of people and out of the sanctuary our voices ringing. I’d finally found my happy ending.

Epilogue

I stared at the cover of my book in awe. I had done it. I had given her a happy ending. I turned the book over as I looked up at Branson with the biggest grin I’d ever had in my life, a squeal of pure joy came out my lips as I held up my book.

“I did it. I can’t believe this.” I flipped through the pages of my romance novel. It had taken so much work, but I had finally accomplished one of my life’s goals.

“It looks great,” he said, his eyes sparkling with life.

“I have a book signing next month.” I was still in shock that I’d finally published the novel that I’d been writing forever. Branson pulled me up off the floor and gave me a passionate kiss as I flung my arms around his neck and kissed him back.

“I knew you’d be the next J.K Rowling, Zoe,” he whispered.

“Branson, her books are about wizards.”

“Yours is about love’s redeeming grace. Much, much better.” He ran his fingers through my hair as his mouth enclosed mine again.

“No more talking, little Miss Author pants.” He picked me up into his arms and carried me away.

Free Gift from the Author

Thank you for reading Grace Alive! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Because I love all my readers I want to offer you a gift.

If you’d like a free copy of my devotional book

Grace Speaks: Encouraging Words just copy the link and paste it in your browser and enter your email to receive your free copy!

http://eepurl.com/Zm2kX

You’ll get a free book, plus monthly encouragements, as well as updates on my current works.

Don’t miss the sample of Grace Unbroken. (Book 2 of the Grace Alive Series just one page below this!)