Republic City (2)

Your Pov

I stretch my back after a long ride from the southern water tribe compound to republic city.

"I'm beat! I'm gonna take a nap before starting training," Uncle Tenzin stopped me before going into the temple.

"I've decided to not have training today since the long trip. It's better for the inner spirit to rest before starting training once more," Tenzin said as I nodded my head.

"Thanks uncle." I smiled before walking inside.

I walked the hallways entering my room. It had a small view of the city but it was enough for me to enjoy.

I lay in bed. Maybe I should visit the boys today. Since there's no training today but they might still be busy.

I turn around facing the wall. I'll just write a letter to dad and iroh. Closing my eyes letting the darkness consume me.

Korra's Pov

I walked down an unfamiliar street full of vendors as I stopped to ask an older woman.

"Excuse me, I think I'm lost. How do I get to Air Temple Island from here?"

I curiously asked for directions as a roar of an engine drives nearby street corner, where a red car pulls around into sight.

"You should get moving young lady, it isn't safe." The woman quickly ran inside a building as I turn my direction back to the men driving the red car.

The red satomobile as it parks. Its front grill is decorated with a lion turtle's face. Three thugs exit the car entering a shop. I looked up ahead

"Mr. Chung, please tell me that you have my money, or else I can't guarantee I can protect your fine establishment."

The three thugs smiled as one with the red scarf bends some fire in the palm of his hand causing the shopkeeper to freak out and drop his rag 

"I'm sorry, the business has been slow. Please, take one of my photographs," He lifted one of his photographs offering to the three thugs.

 The red-scarfed man wordlessly destroys the offered phonograph with a flaming kick causing the shopkeeper to scream and fall backward.

"My friend here is not a music lover. Give me the money, or else..."

I narrow my eyebrows. As the avatar I can't let them bully the shopkeeper out of money.

"Or else what hoodlum?" I spoke up causing the thugs to turn around to face me.

I put my hands onto my hips as the three thugs stare at me before glancing at each other and starting to laugh.

"Hahaha! Since you're obviously fresh off the boat, let me explain a couple of things. You're in Triple Threat Triad territory, and we're about to put you in the hospital." One of the thugs threaten me.

"You're the only ones who are gonna need a hospital. And for your sake, I hope there's one nearby." The three thugs no longer had pleased looks on their faces.

"Who do you think you are?"

I began to crack my knuckles "Why don't you come and find out." I stare back confidently at the lead thug.

His eye twitches as he hollers and reaches into his coat for some water. He tries to attack me with it. 

I catch the water in my left hand and toss it back in his face.

The water envelopes his head and freezes, leaving his partners with their jaws on the ground.

He staggers around, but I defeat him with a single kick, throwing him against the front of his car.