The Truth is Out (7)

Your Pov

Staring back at the ceiling clinging to my pillow tightly. I-I should have known one day this will happen. But, why does my heart hurt so much?

 I shift over to my left to find Iroh's letter on the ground.

I should reply back to him. I gently pick up the letter to walk over to my desk. Taking a seat to pull a blanket piece of paper.

Picking up a pen to stare down at the blanket piece of paper before lightly writing on the piece of paper.

Dear, Iroh not all this fun will last long. The fun quickly vanishes leaving it full of confusing thoughts and rethinking about the situation. Having a close friend makes me feel unsure about the relationship leaving me in the dark. Have you ever left like this?

-Sincerely, Y/n

Placing down the pen I walk over to the window for the messenger bird to take the letter back. Before plopping myself onto my bed. What am I going to do now?

Mako's Pov

Walking into Sato's factory as a satomobile is assembled together as I look around the building in amazement.

"What do you think of my little operation here?" Mr. Sato turned his attention toward me.

"It's very impressive, Mr. Sato."

"Please, call me Hiroshi. So, I understand you're dirt poor." Hiroshi smiled at me as I rub the back of my neck

"Uh... Well."

"Young man, it is nothing to be ashamed of. I too came from humble beginnings. Why, when I was your age I was a mere shoe shiner and all I had to my name was an idea: the Satomobile,"

"Now I was fortunate enough to meet someone who believed in me and my work ethic. She gave me the money I needed to get my idea off the ground. And I built the entire Future Industries Empire from that selfless loan!"

Hiroshi lifted his arms up in the arm as Asami placed her hand on her father's arm.

"Dad, stop bragging! Just tell Mako the good news!"

"Heh heh heh heh heh!"

I lifted my eyes "What good news?" I curiously asked.

"Well my daughter passionately told me all about your hard-earned success in the Pro-Bending arena and about your team's current financial stumbling block,"

He placed his hand around my shoulder

"Now I hate to see you lose your chance at winning the championship just because you're short a few yuans. That's why I'm going to sponsor the Fire Ferrets in the tournament!"

I took a few steps back in surprise "Are you serious!?"

"He's serious! My dad's going to cover your ani for the championship pot." I couldn't help but smile.

"That is good news!"

"There's just one catch."

I turn my attention back to Hiroshi "You all have to wear the Future Industries' logo on your uniforms." 

I pointed to my chest "I'll tattoo it on my chest if you want, Sir!" Asami and Hiroshi both chuckle. As I shake both of their hands.

"Thank you both so much. I promise the Fire Ferrets will make the most of this opportunity."

I can't believe it! We're actually going to go to the tournament! Y/n will be so happy once she hears the good news!

Your Pov