Broken Hearted (9)

Your Pov

I quickly run through the halls of air temple island trying to reach my room. Stepping on the small stairs heading towards my room.

"Y/n? Is that you?" Aunt Pema exclaimed across the hallway.

Taking in a deep breath "Yup! I'm heading to bed. G-Goodnight!" Faking a happy voice before entering my room. 

Sliding against the door and landing on the wooden floor.

 Why?

Why??

Why???

WHY?!?

WHY DID I EVER THINK HE HAD FEELINGS FOR ME!?! I-I SHOULD HAVE NOTICED THE SIGNS!?!...

Why was I so naive? Furiously ran my hands through my hair as tears continually roll down my face.

Taking in another deep breath trying to control myself from hiccuping. I-I just want to go back home. Back to the fire nation where I-I can't be hurt...

Where Iroh and I would sit near a pond feeding the turtle ducks.

More tears roll down my face as I slowly get up from the wooden floor making my way toward the box full of photos back in the fire nation.

...I-I want those good old days back. Sitting down on the wooden desk pulling a spear sheet of paper out of the bottom drawers. 

I lift the pen up staring back at the blank piece of paper as tears fall on the paper. I-I need to regain me! C'mon y/n we can do this...

Dear, Iroh I am forever grateful for the gift. Remembering those old days of spending time together in the fire nation. Being in the royal garden sitting near the pond feeding the turtle ducks. I only hope one day will see each other after so many years.

Sincerely, Y/n 

Neatly folding the letter as I got up from the desk and slowly walk towards my bed. I sat down on the edge of the bed...Why does my heart have to suffer so much?

________________________

Korra's Pov

Crap! I'm gonna be late for tonight's game! Quickly running down the halls of the temple. Stopping in front of the mini staircase too quickly to put on my boots.

Running across the training grounds as I see y/n!

Stopping in my tracks to watch y/n wearing a long flowy white dress with long sleeves.

She held her arms out as a messenger hawk landed on her left arm. 

Y/n pulls out a letter from her pocket wrapping it around the hawk's leg.

She lifted her arm up as the hawk scored through the sky.

Y/n kept her eyes up watching the bird fly away from the island before walking back inside the temple.

I should apologize to her...Taking a step forward to feel a hand on my shoulder pulling me back. I look up to see Tenzin

"It is for the best to leave y/n alone for a while," I narrow my eyes before sighing.

"I never meant to hurt anybody."