Survive (21)

Your Pov

Korra stands next to Iroh as he sits on a crate while she heals his wounded shoulder. "I was prepared to deal with Sato's mecha tanks, but not these new high-speed aircraft."

"I know. Every time we think we have an advantage, Amon outsmarts us." She sulks a bit.

"No matter what our plan is, he always has a better one." Bolin added on.

"Amon is winning so far, but we're not out of the fight yet."

His general self is talking. Always having a passion for his work.

"I like this man's confidence! So, how are we not out of the fight?"

Iroh stands up, clutching his wound. "A second wave of reinforcements is on the way, but I need to warn them."

"Do you still have a way to get a message out?" Iroh curiously asked Korra as she smiled at him.

"I know just the man for the job." Korra guided us down the sewers passing by a few self made homes.

Gommu, setting up a telegraph machine as we stand behind him. "And who is the recipient of this top secret message?"

"Commander Bumi. Second division of the United Forces." Gommu cracks his fingers.

"Tenzin's brother?"

"My father?"

"Yes, bit of a wild man, but the bravest commander you'll ever meet." Iroh comments nudging me a bit.

"Ready, sir." He taps out the telegram as Iroh speaks.

"Fleet ambushed and destroyed by Equalist aircraft. Retreat to Red Sand Island until my signal. Do not approach the city until you receive the all clear."

Amon better not get his hands on my father and his troops.

Gommu finishes the telegram as Iroh sets out a map of Republic City on a table.

"Now comes the hard part. We need to ground those aircrafts. Otherwise, Bumi's fleet would never be able to retake the city."

Mako points at the end of the map. "They flew in from this direction. The airfield must be somewhere over this mountain range."

"Everyone get ready, we leave at dawn."
As everyone walks out the small tent Asami glares at the edge of the map.

"It's time to take down my father."

"Wait, I'm sorry, but I'm not going with you tomorrow." I quickly turned around as Korra stood a few inches from the group staring down at the ground.

"What?"

"Why not?"

"I'm sick and tired of hiding from Amon. It's time I face him."

"That's not a good plan. We need to stick together." Iroh points out as she shakes her head.

"I'm not waiting for him to hunt me down. My guts tell me it's time to end this, on my terms."

"Korra, this is not a mission you should be handling alone."

"She won't be." Mako walks up to Korra as Asami has a look of surprise on her face.

"I'm going with you."

"You don't have to do that."

"Yes, I do." Mako steps toward Korra placing a hand on her shoulder as Asami is shocked and sad as she glances at the side.

Iroh with a hand on his chin, deep in thought. "Hmm ... My grandfather would respect the Avatar's instinct."

He moves his hand down and looks at Korra. "So will I."