Conflict (8)

Your Pov

I stared back at the snow slowly falling onto the ground. How can I re-kindle our friendship?

He was so angry at me at the gala. He practically avoided me the whole time. I felt a tug on my jacket.

Slowly looking down to see Ikki and Jinora "Are you okay Y/n," I slightly smiled at the two girls as they took a seat next to me. 

"You know you can always talk to us Y/n! We're family!"

Ikki hugged me by the side as I smile down at her "I know but for now I'd rather try to figure out the situation on my own," I reason with the two girls. As Jinora pulls something out of her pocket. 

"Oh, Y/n you've got another letter and it came with a present but since Ikki tried to open it. So I gave it to dad," Ikki and Jinora glared at each other but as I began to open the letter their attention reverted back to me. 

Dear, Y/n those years we were apart I would think about our friendship. Re-playing in my mind kept me motivated in the united forces. Hopefully, this gift will bring back the joy you've felt that left disappeared in a friendship,

Sincerely, Iroh

"Ooo Y/n! He must have a crush on you!" Ikki excitedly exclaimed as Jinora nodded her head agreeing with her sister.

"I-I don't know you guys. He might be trying to cheer me up," They both looked at me in annoyance.

"The gift will say otherwise. I'll go look for daddy right now!" Ikki quickly ran back inside the temple looking for her father.

"You two are really determined to change my mind," Jinora nodded her head in the distance I could see Uncle Tenzin holding a box in his hands while Ikki is pushing him towards our direction. 

"Ikki you don't have to push me," He looked down at Ikki who gave a playful smile to her father. He turned around to face me.

"This gift came along with the letter from general Iroh," Handing me a red box.

"Open it! Open it!" Ikki happily exclaimed staring at the box. Both girls stayed by my side as I lifted the lid to relieve photos of my years back in the fire nation.

On top of the photos was a single higanbana flower.

"It's so pretty! What is it?" Ikki blankly stared at the flower.

"It's a higanbana flower. You mostly find them in the fire nation," Jinora explain the flower to Ikki as I pulled the photos out of the box.

"I'm surprised you're father hasn't agreed to his proposal," I quickly looked up at Uncle Tenzin narrowing my eyes at him.

"What proposal?" I curiously asked as he stood quietly.

"Nothing! Just speaking my mind! I-I think it's time for dinner!"

He quickly ran back inside the temple as I looked down at the two girls.

"You two don't happen to know what you're dad meant?"

"Nope!"

__________________________ 

Walking up to the entrance of the arena to hear a familiar voice in the distance.

"Yeah, but when you're with her you're thinking about me, aren't you?

I took a few steps up the stairs to see Korra and Mako staring at each other but could feel the tension between them.