Chapter 3

NARRATOR

"This is unbelievable! You are mated to a dragon!" Lake exclaimed while clapping his hands.

"So?" Evera remained calm, but in the inside, she is panicking.

"What do you mean 'So'? You are mated to a powerful mythical creature for goddess' sake!" Lake said loudly, making Evera flinch.

"You're ruining me and Evera's eardrums. If you don't want me to put a snake in your mouth, then shut it." Nixon said while looking at Lake with an annoyed expression.

"You won't dare." Lake said, glaring at Nixon. Nixon didn't give up and glared back at Lake.

"Oh yes, I will." He said with a serious tone, making Lake shift on his seat.

"Yeah, Yes.. You will.." Lake said with a pout, admitting defeat.

"Good. Now, Rosette." Nixon started while looking at Evera. Evera became nervous when Nixon used her second name. He only use that when he is serious and worried, but mostly, serious.

"Yes?" She asked like an innocent child.

"Can I ask what you think about the dragon?" Nixon asked her, leaning his back on the tree.

The 3 of them were outside Evera's house, between the trees. Evera looked down and played with the grass before answering.

"He's great, I guess.." She said with a soft tone while looking at the grass.

"What's wrong?" Nixon asked, this time he was concerned. And so was Lake.

"I just.. he's a dragon, and I'm just a tribrid in the human realm. What if he doesn't accept me? And if he does accept me, what if he would take me to the dragon realm and I will be away from all of you for a long time, or maybe forever?" She asked, a tear was slowly falling from her eyes.

"You're not just a tribrid Evera. You are a tribrid. You're more powerful than us-" He was cut off by Evera.

"That's it! I don't want to say that I am a powerful tribrid. Because Nixon, I'm a witch, a vampire, a werewolf. And when it comes to mate bonds, it is more painful when being rejected. Because I can experience triple pain." Evera said. "I'm scared he will reject me and I might die because of it. Either way, I will still be able to leave you." She added.

"Oh, my little princess." Nixon comforted and hugged her tight, Lake joined in and also hugged her tightly. Evera's tears was now falling from her eyes.

"Trust me, he won't reject you. You are the most kindest and the most beautiful girl I've ever known Vera. You are also powerful. It would be a waste if he rejects you, wouldn't it?" Nixon asked her, and Evera thought about it, but her head is full of negative things.

And she knew that there's only one person who can remove those negative thoughts, and that's the dragon himself. But she is too scared to even face him.

She had always thought that her mate would just be an ordinary vampire, werewolf or a human. But she never thought it would be a powerful dragon.

But she knew that it was not just a powerful dragon. After all of her study and learnings in witchcraft and other creatures, she knew everything about them.

By how tall he was, Evera is guessing he is a about 9 or 10 storey building tall. And she knew that the dragon was either a prince or a king. He is more powerful than her.

Only the very mastered and super experienced witches and wizards can be close to kill a dragon with a royal blood. Their scales are harder than diamond, rubies, or gold. Their heat and fire are almost as hot as the sun.

If they need or want to, their roar could reach one country to another and it might give a big earthquake. Even swords or arrows can't injure them. They are hella hard!

We talked for a few more minutes before deciding to head off now.

"Are you sure you'll be alright here with.. uhh a dragon?" Nixon asked. I just nodded at him.

He sighed and hugged me, Lake also gave me a hug after Nixon and they walked away to head off towards the pack house.

She looked at the sky that was slowly turning dark. 'How is he?' she thought. She looked back at her house before chanting a spell to cover her scent for 2 hours.

Then she ran towards the direction where she last saw her mate. As soon as she got there, she saw that the portal was already gone and the field is empty.

She thought that he had already left and went back to the dragon realm, but her heart says otherwise. She can feel that he is still here.

She sniffed on the air and indeed, she can still smell his scent and it is still fresh. She immediately ran towards the direction and stopped when she saw something glowing.

She walked towards it with slow steps and was stunned when she saw a fire, and even though she was far from the fire, the heat from it was still burning her body.

But for her, it wasn't painful. Instead, it was pleasuring and felt so good. She looked around but didn't see anyone, But it was good that the fire was not going anywhere, It was steady.

She walked towards it, and realized it was really not giving her pain, only a pure good feeling. Suddenly, she thought of an idea. But is very risky.

She just shrugged her shoulders and brought her hands to the fire, she closed her eyes, ready for the pain to attack her but instead, she just felt nothing. The fire was like a hot wind to her that gives her a good feeling once again. There she knew that it came from her mate.

"Surprised?" She is startled at the unfamiliar manly voice behind her. She looked back and saw the most handsome man she had ever seen.

His black hair is a bit messy but it fit him perfectly, he has a good body structure like he is created as a greek god. Seriously, he looked so stunning.

He was leaning on a tree, arms crossed on his chest and he was looking at her with a small smirk.

EVERA

My cheeks flushed red as I was caught in the act.

"You-you are?" I asked him, but wait.. I can feel something-my eyes widened when I realized what it was. Before he could speak, I spoke again.

"You! It's you! You're the dragon, my mate!" I immediately covered my mouth when I realized what I had just said.

He gave me a stunning smile before taking his back away from the tree and started to walk towards me. I couldn't move on my spot, I was frozen.

"Yes, it's me. My little mate." He said with a smile which made him more stunning if that's even possible.

"I.. uh," I stuttered, avoiding his eyes. Suddenly, I felt a soft grip on my chin and he made me face him. I am now looking at his eyes while he is gazing into mine.

"You're very beautiful, it's making me proud." He muttered, making me blush.

"Why are you here?" I gathered all of my confidence and asked him. He just shrugged his shoulders and peaked over my back and pointing at the fire that was on the ground.

"I forgot to put out the fire so I came back," He answered, this time with a sweet smile. I just nodded and looked anywhere else but him.

"Uh.. okay, so I will go now." I said and was about to run away when Drayce caught my hand that made me stop.

I'm a witch so I managed to discover his name when we were making eye contact.

"Do you have a place where I can stay? I really want to sleep comfortably."

-

Ackk, They finally met! If there are any mistakes in the story, Please feel free to remind me. Thank you!