Chapter 8

DRAYCE

I once again woke up with a pair of arms hugging me and a head laying on my chest. I smiled and opened my eyes to see it myself.

And like I thought, Evera is hugging my waist while her head is still peacefully laying on my chest.

I am in the left and she's in the right, so my right hand is under her body while also hugging her waist. Damn, seriously, when you're mates, you really won't realize you're hugging her or him, until you wake up. This bond, I like it.

I realized that there was some light coming from the window, which means it's already sunrise. I can't even move my body or she'll wake up.

I just stayed in that position and waited until she wakes up. Her sleep is too peaceful, I can't ruin it just to fix myself. I didn't even take a bath yesterday, right?

It is a good thing that I don't smell or it would be kinda embarrassing. But then I also remembered, Evera and I were together yesterday and I don't think I saw her take a bath.

Even though yesterday morning, she went inside the bathroom in a rush, I knew she didn't take a bath. Even tho she was kinda taking too long inside the bathroom, I didn't even hear a water running and her long dress was still the same when she got out. But she doesn't smell either.

Suddenly, I felt a movement above my chest and I immediately looked at her, she raised her hand and rubbed her eyes while yawning. Can you tell me why she's so cute?

I saw her open her eyes and freeze, maybe she realized that she is hugging me and that her head is laying on my chest. She slowly looked up and our eyes met, I just smiled at her.

She blinked her eyes a few times before widening it and sitting up on the bed, turning around.

"Oh my, so-sorry again!" She stuttered with her back on me.

"We're mates, why are you so ashamed?" I asked her, she looked at me but turned around once again. I see, still not comfortable.

She suddenly stood up and went to a white closet, she opened it and I saw a bunch of dresses hanging. Shirts, skirts, and shorts were folded under them. My mate is neat and tidy, well, it is already obvious when you look at her room.

"I.. I'm gonna go take a bath, then I'll a-ask my father if you can uh borrow some clothes from him." She said while stuttering before running inside the bathroom.

My mate looks really innocent, she's cute, shy, a little bit sassy, a bit timid, distant and a little pessimistic— because she sometimes think the worst will happen and then think negative things.

But that's what makes her a person. Especially I like the sassy side of hers, but her distant attitude, I don't want her to be distant towards me for too long. I hope she gets used to me soon.

Suddenly, the door of the bathroom opened, revealing my mate with a white dress with little blue and pink butterflies on her dress's skirt and yellow butterflies on it's shirt.

Her hair is of course wet because of taking a bath, she was drying it with a white towel. I stood up and her head immediately snapped towards me and she looked at me with curiosity.

"What is it?" She asked me when I was tying to reach out for her towel so I could wipe her hair myself.

"Just let me dry your hair, princess." I said, I saw her freeze and I immediately took the towel as I began to dry her hair.

"You—you called me princess.." She said with a low voice. I raised my eyebrows.

"What about that?" I asked her while still drying her wet hair.

"Nothing." She replied softly, I glanced at her before taking the towel away from her wet hair.

"It's not dry yet, give me the towel if—" I stopped her hand that was reaching for the towel I was holding by using my other hand.

"I'll dry your hair faster, just trust me on this." I told her, she was quiet for a few seconds while looking at me with a confused expression. She bit her lip before nodding and turning around.

I took her hair and inhaled before exhaling on it. When we, dragons blow, a fire comes out of our mouth, but if we just exhale, only a hot air will come out or if our exhale gets harder, white smoke will come out, because it will get hotter.

Instantly, because of my fire's air, her hair is now dry. I let go of it and she held it with her hand as she looked at me with an amazed look.

She's a witch, but no witches know that dragons can also dry wet things by exhaling hot air from our mouth, all they know is that we breath super hot fire.

That's because we don't use that to anything often, because our realm is already hot enough to dry what we want to dry in around 10-20 minutes because of the fire mountains.

"We can dry things in a few seconds by inhaling and then exhaling air." I explained to her, and she caressed her hand on her hair once again.

"I never read it on the mystical creature book before." She said, mentioning the book where witches get to know and understand mystical creatures better, because mystical and supernatural creatures are different in a few things.

"That's because no witch knew about it since we don't use it much." I told her. "You're the first." I added which made her smile.

"I'll go get some clothes for you from my father." She said before getting out of the room, I just decided to wait for her while thinking of her becoming a queen for my people. Even if she's not a dragon, she will be a great queen. Because she is already mine before she was born.

"Here are some clothes." I snapped my head towards Evera who just came back with a set of male clothes.

I nodded at her and took the clothes before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek, after that, I immediately rushed to the bathroom with the clothes.

EVERA

I stared at the door of the bathroom where Drayce went in with a disbelief expression. Did he just.. kissed me? No one ever kissed me beside my parents!

A tint of red blush made it's way on my cheek.

"Kiss robber." I muttered under my breath. Hopefully he didn't hear—

"I heard that!" Nevermind, he did hear it.

I glared at the bathroom door before turning around to go out and check my mother who was cooking earlier.

"What's with that face?" My mother asked with a giggle. I rolled my eyes before seating on the chair.

"Remove that face, the food is ready." My mother said, flicking my forehead. I just pouted at her as she shook her head at me before turning at the stove with plates on her hand.

"You know, you should let him in. He's a good mate." Evie said inside my head.

"I am trying, it's just so.. embarrassing." I replied while playing with my fingers.

"You're thinking too much. What's so embarrassing with letting him in?" She asked, and her tone held upset this time.

"I don't know, but the way he looks at me just makes me feel.. shy." I said, blushing when I remembered how he kissed me in the cheek.

"Just be yourself, girl. I can feel him love you with everything. Just like how Drake show his love towards me." She said with a happy tone.

"Drake?" I asked her, I can feel her rolling her eyes.

"Drayce' dragon," She cried. I poked my tongue inside my mouth, why am I so stupid today?