Chapter 10

EVERA

After hunting, Drayce and I are now walking back home with a few skins and blood of a deer my father gave us.

We arrived home and Drayce sat on the couch while I walked towards the kitchen to find my mother.

"Mom, we have a deer for dinner." I shouted and my mother immediately looked at me from cutting onions.

"Oh, goodie!" My mother said, taking the plastic of meat out of my hand.

"The pack went for a hunt today?" She asked, taking the few meats out of the plastic. I nodded at her before speaking.

"Yup, Drayce and I offered to help." I said, she smiled sweetly at me before starting to chop the meat.

I turned around and walked towards the living room before sitting on the couch beside Drayce.

"Wanna watch a movie or something?" I asked him and he just shrugged.

"I'll just help your mother cook." He said before standing up. I looked at him with a frown. He was about to walk away when I spoke.

"Are you always like this?" I asked him and he turned around to face me with a confused expression.

"Always like what?" He asked, I removed my gaze from him and just stared at the tv.

"Always working without even considering yourself? Without having a good time? Without having fun?" I asked him, slowly lifting my head to look at me.

"Working is fun for me, I always have a good time working-" I cut him off.

"Yes, You do. You know why? Because that's what the only thing you always do, work. And you got used to it so you don't have time to look through the other fun things you could try." I said. "Too much work is also unhealthy, you also need to learn how to try new things that is not work. Or rest for a bit and relax." I said.

I patted the space beside me while looking at him. I might not be that comfortable towards him yet, but I am his mate after all, I'm worried for him. But not just that, my mom don't like someone to help her in cooking, she is too proud of her cooking skills.

I heard him sigh and he walked towards me before sitting on the couch beside me.

"Okay then, if that's what you want my queen." He said with a sweet smile. I just looked away with a smile and took the remote before turning the tv on.

I switched the channels to movies and fifty shades darker is on. Ohhh, my favourite season. Where they made up! After the movie ended I turned the tv off and looked at Drayce to ask him what he thinks about the movie.

But when I turned to looked at him, He was pale. Is he alright? He glanced at me and he cleared his throat.

"W-why that movie?" He asked me while looking anywhere else but me. Why is he acting so weird?

"Because.. that was the movie on the tv for today?" I asked him with a puzzled expression. He breathe deeply before exhaling.

"Are you alright?" I asked him with a frown.

"I.. I'm fine. I think I need to use the bathroom." He said quickly and rushed towards the bathroom. What's wrong with that guy?

"Evera, whyyy?" I heard Evie cry inside my head. Now, she is also acting weird.

"What?" I asked her.

"This is not in the mystical book, but gurl! Drake just told me that dragons have high sexual desires, more to the royals. When dragons watch that kind of scenes in movies, they watch it with men so their desires won't get triggered. But if they watch it with women or girls- especially mates, the desires will be painful! And you are the only one that can fix it!" She said. My eyes widened and I blushed furiously.

Damn, why are dragons so weird! Okay, calm down Evera.

"He'll be okay, right?" I asked Evie with hope.

"No worries, he will. Once he finish his 'business'." Evie said that made me sigh in relief, but blush on what she said. Damn. To us tho, those scenes are just normal as long as you are 18+.

"Evera! Time to eat!" My mother shouted inside the kitchen and I stood up from the couch before walking and sitting on the wooden chair.

"Where's Drayce?" My mother asked while placing the plates on the table. I blinked at her when I heard her question and then blushed.

"He's in the bathroom." I answered while twirling the pasta with my fork. My mother just nodded and didn't ask once again.

"Where's dad?" I asked.

"He is working late again." My mother answered, taking a seat on the table.

My Father is always busy with this gamma things. He follows the Alpha wherever he goes, and he is always in charge as the Beta when the Alpha is doing something with other packs and the Beta will be in charge of being the Alpha.

But it's a good thing that he still takes good care of himself and relaxes somehow if he is too tired.

After a few minutes of eating, Drayce sat beside me and also started to eat the pasta. I couldn't even look at him because of what I made him watch.

We finished eating and I took the plates, because it is my turn to do the dishes. I placed it on the sink and began to wash it. My mother went out to water her plants a few walks away from our house.

"May I help you?" I heard the voice of my mate. I just shook my head without looking at him.

"These are just 3 plates." I answered while washing it.

"With a stove, spatula, tongs, spoo-" I cut him off before he could finish the whole list.

"Okay, okay, just stop." I then heard him chuckle.

"You can wash it and I'll get a towel to dry it." He said before turning around to find a towel.

I just continued to wash the dishes until he came back with a towel and started to dry those that I've already washed.

After finishing the dishes, I looked at the clock and it was already 7 PM. Damn, my mother still isn't back. Good thing that she still drank that night vision potion she made. Typical witches. Good thing I already have night vision.

"So what are we gonna do now?" I heard Drayce ask casually. Why can he act so casual after what happened? This guy is something. Okay, Evera. He is your mate, of course he could still act like that even after what happened earlier.

"I'm sorry that I let you watch that movie earlier." I said which made my eyes go wide. I heard him let out a soft laugh.

"It's fine, my little mate. Besides, it wasn't that hard to control-" I looked at him with a raised eyebrow, making him stop. He just sighed before continuing. "Okay, it was hard. But at least I didn't touch you and I know how to satisfy-" He stopped when I widened my eyes. And he just smiled awkwardly.

I burst out laughing because I realized he can still feel embarrassed. I thought this man is confident in front of me.

"What are you laughing at?" He asked with a soft frown. He's cute.

-

What do you think about this one? I hope you enjoyed! Thank you for reading! Xx. ❤️