Chapter 6

EVERA

"That's what you get." I told him. He pouted at me.

"You're so mean." He said childishly, I just gave him a teasing smile before walking away.

"What happened to him?" I heard another familiar voice, Nixon came out of the tree in front of me, he was looking at Lake weirdly.

"Kicked him in the knees." I answered with a small smirk on my lips. I wiggled my fingers towards Lake and raised my eyebrows at Drayce.

Drayce immediately walked towards me, ignoring Lake.

"Where are you guys going? And who is he?" Nixon asked with a frown. I gave him a sweet smile before giving him a quick hug.

"My dragon mate." I answered just when I felt an arm snaking itself possessively around my waist.

I looked at Drayce with a questioning look, trying to make distance, but he only tightened his grip on me. Damn this man is more possessive than an Alpha.

"I'm going wherever you are going." Nixon said with finality in his voice.

"Me too!" Lake said after Nixon. I just sighed and nodded.

"Let's go, then." I said and the 4 of us started to walk towards the direction where I know the roses are growing.

"Isn't this the direction towards the thousand roses?" Lake asked me, and I nodded in agreement.

We call the place thousand roses because it is full of different colored roses and they were more than one thousand.

We arrived at the spot and saw all of the roses with butterflies, flying above them. I heard Drayce gasp beside me.

"Indeed, it really is beautiful." Drayce said with a surprised expression, Nixon frowned and Lake was wearing a slack-jawed expression on his face.

"You have never seen a rose before?" Lake asked with widened eyes, looking at Drayce.

"I have, but only a black rose. Nothing more." Drayce answered coolly that made Lake shut up and just nodded as an understanding.

I felt awkward with the situation so I just went towards the roses to pick some red ones for my room. It has been 2 months since I filled the Vase with water and roses.

Then, for the rest of the day, we hunted for some animals and ended up killing 3 deers, and I've got 4 bottles of blood, this will be enough for a few weeks. I just need to pour it on a pack.

When I came back from collecting blood, the 3 were talking while sitting in circles on the grass. I just shrugged my shoulders and walked past them.

"Hey, Evera. Don't leave us here!" I heard Lake's voice shout. I turned around and crossed my arms while looking at them.

"Hurry up, I don't have all day." I said, I need to pour this blood inside those packs now and also pour water on the vase so I could place the rose already.

The three stood up and we started to head over to the direction of my house. I was just skipping happily towards it.

Not only because I got the blood already but because in just one day, Nixon and Lake got along with Drayce. Imagine a friendship that quick.

I arrived home and left them outside as I rushed inside the house with my basket. I went inside the room and to the bathroom. I then took some new empty packs and started to pour blood in them.

Someone walked inside while I was still pouring blood on the 6th pack, and I knew it was Drayce, but I was too focused on pouring the blood.

After I don't know how long I was pouring, I successfully made 28 blood packs in just 4 bottles. I looked at the last bottle and there was still a few blood and I drank it.

After I finished drinking it, I looked back at Drayce and he was just there, staring at me. I raised one of my eyebrows.

"Need anything?" I asked him, putting the packs inside a tupperware and putting it inside the small brown cabinet before closing it.

"No, looking at you just makes me contented." My heartbeat fasten when I heard what he said. It didn't seem like he is going to reject me.. I guess Evie is right.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked him while taking the bottles and I turned around to looked at him. He smiled.

"Sure, what is it?" He asked.

"Do you accept me?" I asked him slowly, while looking at the bottles.

"Of course I do, why wouldn't I?" He asked me with a frown. I just shrugged my shoulders and placed the 4 bottles on the sink inside the bathroom.

"It's just that.. I drink fresh blood, isn't that gross to you? Especially that you are a royalty? And I have imperfections, I don't know if you'll manage to handle my imperfections." I said while washing the bottles, taking the blood stains out of it. Suddenly, I heard his soft laugh.

"First, you do drink fresh blood, but you are a half vampire, it's a part of you. It's not like I can change it. And second, imperfections are also a part of people, it's just you. Everyone has imperfections, Evera, even I have imperfections. We are destined true mates, not only destined mates but our imperfections will totally match each other." He said that made me stop washing.

I closed the tap and let go of the bottles before turning around and running into his arms, hugging him. What he said touched me a lot. I was scared and nervous for nothing. Seriously, silly me.

I felt him hugging me back and we just stayed like that for a few more seconds before breaking it. I blushed while looking down.

He chuckled and kissed the top of my head.

"You should finish washing those bottles, it's already 4:30, your father is coming home, isn't he?" He asked me and I immediately remembered what my mother had said earlier.

I nodded and immediately went back to the sink and continued what I left off while Drayce went out of the bathroom.

I took a dry towel and wiped the bottles, I then took them and went out of the bathroom.

Drayce was laying on the bed while looking at the ceiling absentmindedly. Yup, that's how boring my room is.

I opened the drawer beside my bed and place the 4 bottles along with the other bottles. As if the time was just right, my mom called me after I closed the drawer.

"Come on, Drayce." I said and Drayce stood up, smiling sweetly at me and I smiled back before heading towards downstairs. I can hear my mother and father's voices at the bottom.

"Dad! You're back!" I shouted and hugged my father tightly.

"Oh, my Princess. How are you?" My father asked before breaking the hug and caressing my head.

"I'm doing good, and I even found my mate." I replied and my father looked at me with a stunned expression before showing a smile.

"Can I know who this lucky man is?" My father asked and looked at my back to see Drayce.

"Hello, I'm Drayce, and I'm the lucky man, sir." Drayce greeted with a light wave.

"Oh, what a fine and handsome man. But I don't think I recognize the smell your race, can I know what race or realm you are in?" My father asked, he was tilting his head in confusion while he is looking at Drayce.

"I'm a dragon, sir." Suddenly, my father froze. Here we go..

Can I ask if my story is good?

What do you think of it? What do you think about her Father?

I hope you enjoyed, Xx. ❤️