Chapter 26

DRAYCE

I saw an Old woman with already white hair, wearing dirty gloves and a man in his thirties, holding a white watering can, they were looking at us with widened eyes.

"King Drayce!?" They asked with shock, and I just smiled at them and nodded. They looked at each other before bowing respectfully.

"What brings you here, your majesty?" The man asked me, glancing at Evera then back at me.

"One of my lords died, the other killed him, so yeah. We have two spots, and my mate here, Evera, told me how good and respectful you guys are, so she is requesting for you to become one of my lords, you and your family will have a more stable and better life." I said and the man looked at me with a surprised expression.

"King Drayce, I don't think I have an experience-" I cut him off.

"Rest assured, you will be training for 2 years, and if you don't give up until then, then you will be eligible to enter as my lord." I assured him and he was quiet for a few seconds before looking at the old woman.

"What do you think, Mom?" He asked and I looked the old woman who was still shock at what was happening.

"I.. I think you should try it, it's a really big Opportunity. It could help our family rise." The woman answered and the man looked at me with a smile before bowing.

"It would be an honor, your majesty." He said politely and I nodded with a smile.

"Can I ask your name?" I asked him.

"Draco Lutiese, your majesty." He said and I nodded before taking out a little note from my pocket and wrote his name.

"Then we should get going now, thank you for helping my queen. My warriors will personally pick you up and escort you to the castle tomorrow." I said, taking my Evera's hand and walking away.

"Bye-bye!" I heard the little boy say and we turned around to wave at him before officially leaving. It wasn't bad.

The house looked abandoned in the outside, but it was so clean and cozy on the inside, Evera's right. I shouldn't have judge a house by it's cover. I held her hand and soar through the skies.

"Uh.. Drayce?" She called and I looked at her with a hum, waiting for what she is going to say.

"Can we visit my cousin's kingdom first? It's the Ladroise kingdom, spike dragons." I looked at her with a shocked expression. That Kingdom is the biggest kingdom than mine, it is counted as the number 1st strongest kingdom while mine is the 2nd.

"Is your cousin the king?" I asked her curiously, She looked at me and nodded.

"He is," My goodness, her cousin is the mighty king of spike dragons, he is cold and ruthless to rogue dragons, he is also merciless and very distant. At least they have something in-common at being distant.

"I know what you're thinking, He will never change, he is always cold to others who has offended him or those who he would think have bad intentions, just like his father. Very distant and will never trust a stranger unless that stranger would know him for 10 years, that's why I'm his only close friend, because no one could stay and handle his cold demeanor. That guy." She said with a chuckle, shaking her head.

I just shrugged my shoulders and landed ourselves inside a village of the Ladroise Kingdom. Warriors Immediately surrounded us with a stance but remove it when they saw Evera with me.

"Lady Evera? Do you need to see his majesty?" A warrior questioned her and Evera just nodded.

"Yes, Where is he?" She asked, the warrior smiled before bowing.

"You're right in time, he just finished a meeting with the high-lord and the lords, but may I ask who he is?" The warrior ask while looking at me.

My kingdom might still be a 2nd, but the warriors in Ladroise kingdom think very highly of themselves and never consider to look at other people besides outsiders who trespass in their kingdom.

"Oh.. This is my mate, king Drayce of Gavaria Empire." She introduced and the warriors looked at me with wide eyes before bowing politely.

"We are sorry we didn't recognize you king Drayce, you and lady Evera may pass." He said and I just nodded flapping my wings and taking Evera up at his cousin's floating castle.

"OUT! I DON'T NEED YOUR SERVICE! HOW DARE YOU BREAK MY FAVOURITE VASE YOU USELESS MAID!?" I heard a roar as the door opened and a woman was pushed out of the castle while crying. She ran just passed us before flapping her wings. "That fvck- Evera? EVERA!" The man that roared screamed happily before running and crushing my mate into a hug that made me frown.

But suddenly, I felt a strong aura from him, stronger than mine. He is the king, Evera's cousin.

"Hi to you too Friollo, that was something else." She said with a raised eyebrow, he just rolled his eyes at her before an annoyed expression appeared on his face

"That bitch broke my favourite vase, how dare she." He cursed angrily and Evera just patted his head.

"You're always a volcano, try to meditate sometimes." Evera said before looking at me, causing king Friollo to also look at me. He surveyed me for a few seconds before smiling warmly.

"King Drayce, right? My cousin's so called mate?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes, Nice to meet you king Friollo." I greeted and I was shocked when he let out a friendly laugh.

"You can call me Friollo, besides you own the 2nd strongest kingdom and you're my cousin's mate. Aren't we a family now? My Cousin-in-law, am I right?" He asked playfully with a smile. My head almost exploded. This is different from the king Friollo I heard about even from Evera.

"Now, enough chit chats, since it is now 6 PM, the dinner is almost ready. What about you two have a dinner here? It can be like a family dinner, the difference is that it's just us." He said, laughing and pulling Evera inside while I'm just following them.

He took us to a dinning room and looked at the clock with a smile in his face.

"We will have our food in 20 minutes, what do you guys wanna talk about to kill the time?" He asked, sitting on the chair in the middle while me and Evera sat at the left side of the table.

"Let's talk about how bad you dance," Evera said with a smirk and Friollo glared at her.

"How about we talk about how much of a cry baby you were?" He smirked back and Evera just rolled her eyes.

"Well, you dance like an Elephant." Evera insulted with a laugh.

"Well—You cry like a depressed uh monkey!" Friollo insulted back, everything was quiet for a few seconds until laughter erupted inside the room, making me chuckle.

Even when they insult each other, they still laugh it off. I need cousins like this, because in my childhood, when Logan and I would insult each other, we end up arguing and ignoring each other for so many days, or sometimes, we wrestle.

A few more minutes, a few helpers came in with 3 plates and Delicacies in their hands. They placed it all in the right order in the table before bowing and leaving us.

"Let's dig in." Friollo said and we then began putting foods on our plates, I also put some on Evera's and we began eating, enjoying the night.

Imma just gonna mate Friollo to one of my readers, I don't think I've thought of giving him a mate. Well, If I could ask, who wants to be his mate? Because I really need a name. 🤣 Thank you! Xx.❤️