Chapter 16

EVERA

"Sister, who are they?" I heard the little girl ask and I looked at where she was pointing.

"That's me and my two bestfriends," I answered with a smile. She nodded while still looking at the picture cautiously.

"This guy is cute like me!" She said cutely while pointing her little index finger at Lake. She let out a cute chuckle before running towards me.

"Sister, sister! I want to meet him!" She said that made me surprise. I tapped her softly.

Should I ask him to come here? I'm sure he is busy with preparing for the Ceremony tomorrow, Nixon is finally going to become an Alpha and Lake as a Beta and.. me as a Female gamma. I didn't have time to find a new replacement because of just wondering inside the forest everytime.

I just decided to mind-link him, who knows? Maybe they're having a break.

"Lake?" I mind-linked him.

"Yes Jewel?" He asked.

"Someone wants to meet you, are you free?" I asked him. He didn't reply and the mind-link was cut off. That guy is really something else.

I can hear paws outside and I also smelt Lake's scent, means he is free. He opened the door with a smile but his eyes widened when he took a look at the little girl.

"Ti-tiana? Is that y-ou?" Lake asked shakily, a tear falling down from his eyes. Both the other woman and the guy looked at each other with confusion.

"Yes, I'm Tiana! But why are crying, brother?" Tiana asked, running towards him and holding his cheeks.

I couldn't even believe it, did he feel the bond of a sibling from her? Oh my goddess!

Lake held her small hands that was placed on his cheeks as more tears began to stream down, and he Immediately hugged her tight.

"You.. You're my sister! Tiana, I miss you. I miss you so so much!" Lake cried while hugging her.

Both the woman and the other guy stood up with shock plastered in their faces. I looked at them with a serious expression before speaking.

"Who are you guys to her?" I asked them with a frown.

"We are her brother and sister." The guy said roughly. I heard a growl from Lake as she stood up and glared at the guy.

"Don't talk to her like that. And how did she become your sister?" Lake asked sternly that made the guy gulp.

"Our parents found her in this forest, wondering around, she was still 1 year old. We were camping that time and our parents decided to adopt her, she has a wristband with her name on it, so we named her after it." The woman replied calmly.

"And you didn't even think of looking for her family?" Lake asked softly with tears in his eyes, but there were different emotions circling inside while he's looking at the woman.

"She was lost in the forest with no other people but us. How could we find her family?" The woman asked with a low frown.

Lake growled, causing them to step back. The bond of a family is also as strong as the bond of a mate. But not that painful to kill you.

"What the.. who are you guys?" The guy asked terrified.

"Lake, Calm down. You're scaring them!" I scolded him and he closed his eyes before calming down, and looking at Tiana to see if she was scared, but instead, an amused expression was plastered on her face.

"Brother, Do it again!" Tiana shouted in glee. A smile formed on Lake's face as he scooped the little girl from the ground.

Lake again made a growl, but this time it was softer while caressing her cheek. Tiana giggled, but what shocked us the most was what she did next.