Chapter 32

EVERA

"So that's what happened.." Nixon finished as my father and the others just nodded.

They said that werewolves attacked them since I am not in their pack in that time, so that if they kill a person that's important to me, it will make me weak and give up, in that way, they can catch me.

One of the three rogues managed to kill Lake and kidnapped my mother in-case if I still won't give up. A tear fell from my eyes when I realized this is all my fault. I immediately stood up from the chair with regret in my eyes.

"This is all my fault, They want me, not you guys. Why do you have to take the pain for me? why do you have to protect me? Why?.." I sobbed.

"Yes! It's your fault! If it was not because of you, Lake would still be alive!" I heard someone say after I felt a slap on my cheeks. "If it was not because of you, my mate would still be alive! You bitc—" before she could finish her sentence and slap me again, Nixon held her hands tightly in anger before throwing it.

"Don't you even dare to lay a hand on her! You don't know anything! You don't know how me and Lake care for her so much, We'll do everything to protect her. Yes, you are his mate, but she is our sister, not by blood, but by bond. Lake can reject you but he can't reject Evera. Lake sacrificed his self for her! We three grew up together, and do you know? For all this years when we were little.." Nixon stopped talking before glancing at me with a smile, then glaring at Lorena.

"Lorena, Evera was always the one protecting us that we don't even get to protect her properly, Especially Lake, do you know how much he cares for her? He might even reject you if you ever dare to hurt her again, besides, you are not marked yet, he can still reject you, Lake sacrificed his self, and I will even do the same thing without any hesitation." Nixon said with a serious expression, making my tears fall from my eyes.

"Also don't forget that it was Evera who thought you how to be a real witch, even when she is craving for her long distanced mate."

Lorena went quiet and just looked down, she then stomped her feet before walking away.

"Nixon.." I started softly but he cut me off.

"I will do the same Evera, and I will never think twice." He said before hugging me.

I looked at Drayce who was glaring angrily at the direction where Lorena went. At least he controlled his urge to attack her, he's a dragon king, so it's hard to control his dragon.

I sobbed before hugging him back, Even Lorena hate me now, but it was still my fault, if I didn't leave them unprotected, then nothing would have happened.

I can't take this, I pushed Nixon away before turning around.

"Don't you all follow me, even you Drayce." I said before running away.

NARRATOR

Evera shifted, tearing her dress apart and ran as far as her legs could carry until she arrived at a dead end, she slumped down on the ground of the cliff enervated.

She then sat up before letting out a howl, full of dejection, grief and heartache. She poured everything and every pain she feels. If her wolf could shed a tear, her fur would be wet already.

Hearing Evera's loud howl Nixon also shifted, followed with a pained howl, the others also started to shift and began howling together, grieving for the lost of their beloved beta.

Meanwhile, the wind passed through her hair while she stares at the sky, tears pouring out of her eyes, while holding her chest.

Hearing the painful howls of the werewolves, she fell to the ground, sobbing, letting everything out.

"Yes! It's your fault! If it was not because of you, Lake would still be alive!"

Remembering those words she said to Evera, she cried harder, looking at the magical bracelet Evera gave her.

"I.. I couldn't be-lieve I said- that to her," she sobbed. Everything that Nixon said tackled her, because he was right.

"Come, we need to hide Lake, don't fight them!"

"I will! They want Evera, they can't have her! I'll protect her no matter what!"

"But they'll kill you,"

"So what? All I've ever wanted was to have a chance to protect her."

"What about me?" He kissed her deeply.

"If I die, so be it. You're a human Lorena, you have alot of chances than us. Evera, she is my sister, blood or not, don't stop me from killing whoever dares to hurt her, you can't stop me, because she's more important, even tho you're also important. When she comes back, tell her not to worry, do everything to make her happy and take care of her." By that, he ran away.

Evera shifted into her human form and magicked a dress she owns in-front of her before wearing it. She looked at the sky, remembering a few memories.

"WAHH! A SNAKE! A SNAKE!" The litte Lake shouted in fear, trying to scoot away since he fell down.

Suddenly, the snake was hit by a branch many times until it stopped moving. He looked at Evera who was smiling at the snake proudly.

"Why do you always save me?" He asked her with a pout.

"Because I'll always save you, Why? You don't want me to?" She asked him playfully.

"I'm a boy and older, I should be the one saving you." He whined before hearing a loud laugh from the side.

"You want to protect her but you shout like a girl just because of a snake!" Nixon teased, laughing harder.

"AHHH!" The three kids shouted as a bear was chasing them aggressively. Evera suddenly thought of an idea.

She took the magic bracelet that has the energy and same power as a mambabarang from philippine folklore, a witch that control insects.

She then chanted a spell and focused on attracting deadly insects while still running, and seconds later, group of scary insects attacked the bear, making them escape.

"That was amazing!" Lake exclaimed.

"It was epic! Insects rule!" After Nixon said that, they all erupted into laughter.

"Evera, you always protect us, how can we protect and help you? Or even save you?" Lake asked, pouting and Nixon nodded in agreement.

"Well, maybe someday, you will have chance." Evera said with a smile, but Lake continued pouting.

"Okay.." He just said while Nixon just patted his back."

"You always try to save me, but you always fail. I did say someday you will be able to— but.. I didn't knew that something like that would be the 'someday'. I didn't knew that you would go that far on sacrificing your life just to kill the wolf who wants my powers." She said, wiping her tears aggressively.

"WHY DO YOU EVEN HAVE TO DO SOMETHING MORE STUPID THAN THE STUPID THINGS YOU DO LAKE! WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS A MORON! A STUPID DUMBHEAD! Why don't you just think about saving your ass.." she sobbed.

"Well, look what we have here," A spine-chilling voice said behind me.

Guess! Come on, guess who it is! If anyone is able to guess it, I will make this book a happy ending, Kidding. Mwehehe, I won't say if it's happy or sad, but it will be better. *smiles playfully, wiping mah tears*

Now, don't forget to show your support by voting, Imma gonna give you a comforting hug if you are crying rn.