Life goes on

Xela

"Shhhh" he says, soothingly. I tried to move, to break out of the restraints on my wrists.

This is what he wants. Struggling makes me look crazy, but I'm not crazy. I'm not. I was so high I could barely even see straight.

"She looks terrible" A nurse says, a woman who is here to inspect me.

Tears ran down my face, "It doesn't seem like she is getting better, Dr. Davis."

He sighs, "She has been through a lot, but I can tell the treatment is helping her."

I couldn't help but just start crying, then flailing my limbs trying to break out of these restraints.

"Don't touch me!" I scream when Jay tries to calm me down. "Baby it's going to be ok" He coos to me.

I know that throwing a fit will only make me look psycho, but I can't help it. Whatever Jay injected me with was making me want to rip my eyes out.

"I'm not fucking crazy!" I scream the the nurse when she gives Jay a concerned look. "It's him!" I scream, "He's making me do this!" My screams simmer down to a cry, "Please help me" I sob out, Jay looks like he could kill me.

"Just like I told you, she keeps trying to blame me" Jay sighs.

This set me off. I nonstop screamed and kicked, until one of the restraints popped loose. I sprang from the bed, constantly hitting him, hating him so much for what he had done to me.

Then a familiar needle prickled my neck, sending me spiraling into darkness.

The weekend flew by way too fast. I guess you could say I don't have many friends in New York- scratch that- I don't have any friends in New York.

That's what happens when you move here and your crazy boyfriend locks you in a mental institution to keep you under control.

I just have great taste in men right?

Getting ready for work, more specifically for the first big meeting, I douse my left wrist with concealer, covering up a tattoo.

It is hard to cover it up since it's in dark black ink, but I've gotten pretty good at making it invisible.

Im getting it removed next month, Weston actually booked the appointment for me. He only knows what happened because before he hired me he did a background check on me.

I slipped into a dark green skirt and a black blouse, then put on small black boots.

My hair is just down, and is curlier than normal since I slept with it in a braid last night.

I ended up getting to work twenty minutes early, which is surprising since normally I'm rushing to get here on time.

Once I get to my office, I'm surprised to see a woman looking at one of my bookshelves. She has long red hair and is on her tip toes to look at the top shelf.

"Can I help you?" I ask her, trying to sound nice. She turns, her face red with embarrassment.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" She apologizes, moving away from the bookshelf.

"West just told me I could pick a book out to read, I didn't realize this was someone's office..." she says. I wanted to be annoyed but I couldn't, she genuinely looked so sweet.

"West?" I ask, confused. She looks even more confused than I am, "He's all big and scary looking" she tells me.

"God Elsie what is taking you so long—

Weston walks in and freezes when he sees me. The woman in front of me— Elsie, crosses her arms.

"What did I say about using Gods name in vein."

Weston rolls his eyes, "Ok, I'm sorry."

Elsie smiles, and walks over to him. "Sorry, Xela she wanted something to read and I knew you had a bunch of books in here."

I smile, "It's all good, it's nice to meet you" I say to the woman. She smiles, "You too! I hope we can see each other more!"

"So are you two..." I trail off, Weston pauses, and is about to talk when Elsie cuts him off, "We are actually best friends since last month!" She says excitedly.

She looks young, possibly not even twenty yet. I can tell her calling them best friends irritates Weston, "Ok Elsie we have to leave, Xela has work to do."

Elsie frowns, "But I can come say hi later?"

Weston takes a deep sigh, "Sure, now lets go." Weston practically drags her out of the room.

Dang they are adorable.

I sit at my desk and sort through dozens of stack of papers that all need to be ready by 3:00 for the first meeting with some huge businessmen from Italy.

By the time that's done, it's nearly 2 o clock. I sigh and sit back in my chair, groaning when I get an email from Mr. Black with five more files attached.

Suddenly a faint knock happens at my door, "Come in" I say. The door opens slowly and I see a familiar head poke in, "Hi" Elsie says, "So I was just coming by to ask if I could um help you with your files? West told me you had a lot to do and that I could come and help if I wanted and well you seemed nice earlier and I just wanted to offer help" she spoke really fast and fidgeted with her hands, looking at the floor.

The door was still open and I'm assuming Weston was behind it because she kept glancing back there. "Yeah sure! Come sit" I say. Her face lights up and she smiles to Weston from behind the door before coming in and sitting. I print out a few files and hand them to her, explaining how I normally sort through them.

She is actually really good at this, and finishes her half before I do mine.

Once the work was done, we ended up sitting and talking for about half an hour until I got a call telling me that I was needed in one of the meeting rooms.

As I walked down the marble hallway, surrounded by silence save for the clanking of my heels with each step.

Was I nervous? A little bit. Actually a lot. Once I reach the enormous glass meeting room, I had to pause and gather myself before I walked inside.

I did just as Weston had instructed me, I kept my head down, not looking at any of the men, although I could feel their presences.

I sat down next to Weston and gave him a week smile, unzipping my small backpack and taking out a notebook to record notes on the meeting.

"This is a joke" a voice made my heart drop.

My head snaps up to meet none other than Ryder, sitting across the table from me in a sleek black suit, looking like he wanted to slit my throat.