The decision

After that long night, I couldn’t sleep, I sat beside my father’s bed waiting to wake up, and be near if he needs me.

“Isabelle……Isabelle” he said trying to wake up.

“Oh …father .don’t get up the doctor said so.”I said weary.

“You must be fatal after last night am sorry I made you suffer all this my dear.” said my father feeling culpable.

“I am fine father, its good seeing you well” I said hiding the pain of my leg.

“I’ll make you soup, wish me it becomes good as you do dad” I said kissing him from his for head.

It was my first time to do a soup, I was confused at the beginning but then I remembered the way he does it.

“mm.....Oh “I said, tasting the soup. “It taste salt”

I went to my father to check on him and I said “I ruined it, it’s salty” disappointed of my work.

“Don’t worry it’ll be fine just add some water to lose the salty flavor” said my father laughing at me.

I went and the water, after a while it became ready and served to my father, waiting for his reflex toward my soup.

“umm….good for a beginner” he said delighted.”I am joking, it’s nice”.

Later than he felt asleep and I went to bed thinking of a way to get the medicine that my father needed.

Job is the only choice that I have but where and who well accept a ten years old girl. Even if I found a work, well my father accepts that.

Then I remembered the old lady who had bakery she may needed help and accept me, after I told her my real reason behind this, she’ll help me out. Besides it’s near the house, so no need of my father worries.

“Isabelle...Come here beside me, my child” said my father calling me.

When I came near him, he hugged me and tapped on my shoulder and said” what is going on your mind dear” noticing me looking worried.

I didn’t know how to tell him what was on my mind, but I want to inform him my decision.  But How?

“Tell me, what’s wrong with you” said my father worried.

“Well…….I wanted to” I stopped. ”to work” I said swiftly.

“Work?” he said surprised.

After that word he didn’t say no more, and turned his face to other direction pretending to sleep.

I left the room in silence and waited for my dad decision in the morning, hoping he’ll agree.

*********************************************************

 “Come here; sit beside me “he said smiling.

 “You are the best father ever, I love you” I said and bear hugged him.

“Tell me where are planning to work “he said grinning.

It sounded yes, finally I didn’t imagine he’ll agree .then I told him about the bakery and he agreed but under one condition which was after I got the enough money for medicine I’ll stop, it was settled.

That day passed stillness and the sun rise to welcome the next day with hope.

I went to my father room to give him his breakfast. ”good morning father” I said.

“Good morning” he said.” all my life since god gave me you; I wanted you to have everything you wish and be like other girls. But I couldn’t do it, am sorry know this life is very rough for you, other than this am proud I raised a strong girl” he smiled warmly.