The Engagment

“Honey, am going, do you need anything” said father, standing up from the breakfast table.

“No father, am fine” I said.

That day I’ve got a letter from Kristine saying that she’s coming back next week and that her granny became fine and she even decided to live with them. That was great news, finally my best friend well come it been three months.

In about eight at evening I and Enric went out for walk and I told about Kristine, he even gave me idea which was surprise party and I like it.

“Isabelle I want to ask you something” he said and his face seemed serious.

“Yes, what happen? Don’t scare me, tell me fast” I said nervously.

He put his knee down and catches my hand gently and said “well you agree to be my wife, Isabelle?”

I was flying from happiness and very delighted, in that moment I felt the luckiest woman on earth and its feels incredible.

“Yes….yes I do” I said joyfully.

He stood up and hugged me tightly in love. It was implausible time.

“Let’s announce the news to our parents, they’ll be very happy for us” said Enric.

We went home and found my father and Uncle Adrian sitting in the living room. It was the best to tell them together they seemed in nice mood.

“Father, we want to tell you something” said Enric.

“Tell me what’s new you seem happy” said Uncle Adrian.

Me and Isabelle decided to get married” he said holding my hand.

There was moment of silence then suddenly they stood up congratulates us.

“What great news and a great choice” said Uncle Adrian.

“Am happy for you my child” said father emotionally.

My father decided to do an engagement party and uncle agreed with him.

“Let it be tomorrow in my place” said uncle.

“Ok then the marriage is in my place” said my father.

“I see you decided everything” said Enric laughing.

“Were happy our only kids are getting married” said my father.

At last it was settled the engagement party at uncle house and the marriage is after two weeks in the church and then my father said he’ll do small other party in our house after marring in the church and all sides agreed for that decision.

It was the day, I was nervous cause they invite many people that I never known before. My father bought me a beautiful dress for this occasion, Enric seemed happy he informs his mother which was in France.

I think she’ll come all over the long distance for her only child, I wish my mother was alive, but still I know that she’s with me, guiding me to right path.

“You look stunning” said Enric taking my hand to the dancing boll.” my arrived and she wants to see you” he completed

We enter  to boll and is was full, at the beginning I was abashed but later Enric made me feel comfort by introducing me to people in proud tone.

“Isabelle this is my mother …..Mother this is Isabelle” he said introducing his mother to me.

Uncle Adrian called Enric, so I was alone with his mother. I didn’t know what to say or act.

“What your parents’ name?” she asked.

“Anastasia is my mother name and my father is Daniel” I said.

When I told her their name she seemed nervous like she knew them but she never liked them.

 “Are you fine”. I asked.

“I feel headache, I’ll go to my room” she said pressing her head.

“Where did mum go?”Enric said.

“She told me she’s tired and need rest”.

The day was nice; everything seemed perfect like any girl wish it be.

But the thing which took my mind thinking of is Enric‘s mother, she looked fine at the beginning then when she heard my parents name she became sick suddenly.