Going to work

I was very excited and bit nervous, if I’ll be accepted in the bakery or refused.

In the bakery, there was an old, tall woman with curly short hair and she had a dark skin colored, like she had a sun bath.

“Hello, miss “I said.

She turned back and looked at me and said” yes”.

I didn’t know how to start, confused and at end I collect all my strength and said “I needed a work, it’s really very important to me”.

The woman was amazed, looked at me a while and said” why? You are so young to work”.

I told her my story and my father sickness and she felt sorry for me and act kind.

“No problem, you can work here. All you have to do is clean the floor in the morning and before you leave, and serve the customer their needs” she said strictly. ”don’t forget discipline and being in time” she continued.

“Ok, miss. Thank you “said gratefully.

And I started my work happily, thankful to Miss Molly for her kindness.

That day was the longest day ever, there were lots of customer and I became exhausted, Miss Molly noticed my tiredness and gave me some bread to keep me energetic .I was lucky to have her as my boss, she’s kind ,caring person.

Finally it was time to leave and couldn’t believe when I’ll reach my bed, lay on it.

“So Isabelle, how was your first day “said my father opening the door.

“It was……fine. I’ll go sleep, am tired “I said exhausted.

“You won’t eat?”My father asked.

“No, thanks’ went straight to bed, feeling drowsy.

Early in the morning, I ate my breakfast quickly and left, remembering the condition that misses molly said.

“Bye dad “I said.

When I get there I saw misses Molly worried and not like yesterday.

“Hello, miss...Are you fine?”I said.

“Am just worried of my small daughter, she is sick “she said.” can you stay alone for half an hour, I’ll very soon check on her come back” she sustained.

“All right, I can” I said confidently.” trust me; I’ll do whatever it takes”.

“Self Confident….mmm. “She said.”Ok then, I’ll go”.

Then after a couple of minutes of misses Molly absents, a young man entered leaving the other man out, waiting.

“We are doing a party, I want to see what you have for these occasions” he said.

I showed him all the bakes and put them on the table neatly. He looked to the other man and winked to him.

I felt they were up to something, so quickly I tried to put the bakes in, but he swiftly took some of the bakes and ran with his other pale. I tried to run after them but they were way to fast. There was a police man beside the bakery and noticed that I needed a help, he said”go in I’ll go after them”.

I did what he asked me to do and waited for him to come, in this time more customers came and I served them nicely but still worried.

“How is work” said Miss Molly arrived smiling.

“Good” I said pretending to be calm.

 “I see you are busy, good” she said.

After the customers left she counted the money joyful. Later than the cabs came in and informed me that the two men are caught and gave me the money that of the bakes that have been stolen.

“She’s good, responsible kid” he continued tapping in my head nicely.

“I know, if she was not I couldn’t leave her alone “said misses Molly blissful.

In that moment I felt great, like I did a big thing, their complements make you feel that, it was amazing feeling.