28: birthday

"Zihao'er tell me how did someone stubborn and hard head like you end up having your first night with with the first miss of Ning family" Xian asked

The emperor paused for a moment usually Xian would never bother him during his cultivation but this question must have been bothering but too bad for him cause even the emperor wasn't even sure himself.

"Xian you promise yourself to your little wife but you ended up his sister someone like you do something like that how"

"Quiet" he said

Zihao thinks back to the night if only he could remember but all he remembers was waking the next morning to see Yuan in bed with him and Ning jie looking at him with utter disbelief, Zihao was the strongest cultivator no amount of poison could work on him much less aphrodisiac but he underestimated Yuan and look where it got him but yet he still doesn't hate Yuan.

If you really knew Yuan you'd find her to be a person hard to hate that's how people who truly knew describes her a person who is hard to hate, but the question still poses what made Yuan the way she was when she told him she'd stop following him and that she wishes them luck he felt her sincerity and happiness for them, but she did that why?.

It was this obsession to know why that made him seems as though he loved Yuan Ning jie had seen him from time on to time with things that serve a reminder of Yuan in the emperor's possession which caused him to misunderstood his feelings towards Yuan the emperor doesn't love Yuan in that manner but infact loved Ning jie but he never understood the emperor's feelings and the emperor didn't make it any easier.

"F-father"

Once again the emperor was snapped out his meditation by the small milky voice he looked towards the door to see the small one.

"Jianyu?"

The little one blushed at hearing his father called his name his mother doesn't do it often but he doesn't mind after all he loves being his mother's bun but his name was much better since it was directly referring to him.

"Xiao yu it's you" Xian smiled

Jianyu furrow his eyes servants were always so rude to him why what power did this eunuch held that he could speak to him so causally but he said nothing like he always does and looked at his father.

"Jianyu?" The emperor said gently

"Y-yes" Jianyu swallowed then breathe " father C-can you come to my birthday party"

The emperor was shocked wasn't his birthday party 4 months ago he even send gifts and toys did he got it wrong all these years ago h-how could he forget his own child's birthday.

The emperor mind was in mayhem for the pass five years his been sending toys and gifts on the wrong day just like Ning jie they both neglect him in parental love but material things wasn't while Ning jie knew restraint the emperor didn't and would offend send too much gifts and toys.

Jianyu knew of this but couldn't fight against the nanny and servants and therefore out of the many toys he received he only got one or two which he treasured dearly.

"Mommy said since since we didn't celebrate my birthday 4 months ago we should celebrate it tomorrow a-and I want you to come" Jianyu said with a solemn expression.

Xian could see the excitement in the emperor's eyes he was touched this was the first time he was interacting with his son Xian laughed Jianyu looked at him embarrassed he didn't like that eunuch he was too relaxed.

"Hmmm" the emperor nods

When Jianyu heard this his face lit up with excitement, Xian laughed more as he could see the fluffy air that surrounds Xiao Zihao he enjoyed seeing this cute side of his baby brother even if they were not blood, infact it didn't matter because to him he was raised as his baby brother since he was raised in the heavenly realm with him as family so to him instead of having a master and servant relationship it was more or less like brothers.