79: Wondering Gift

"An Yuan" 

Yes, your highness?" 

"Next week" 

An Yuan nods knowing that the emperor next week is the birthday of his best friend Ning Jie, the two have been friends for 2 years now and it is known throughout the kingdom that the emperor treasures the little troublesome fox.

"Why not make something your highness?" 

"Mn" 

The emperor skip the sheet of paper he was signing when suddenly, "Jie er" 

Ning Jie was startled when he heard the emperor's smooth tone call for him. He however kept hidden with a sneaky grin.

"Third Master Ning his imperial majesty and I know you're there, it's no use hiding" An Yuan spoke with a gentle smile.

Ning Jie pouts then walked out with both hands behind his back, the emperor looked at him. "Jie er, that's cheating," 

"But I really wanted to know! Last year you taught me a cool trick then gave me lots of toys! I am not a child! I don't need toys!" He complained 

The emperor looked at An Yuan, though he was 15 compared to An Yuan they were both children, when they both walked through the array they both went back in time. In the heavenly realm the prince had the mental age of what people called 18 years old here.

Though time was slower and people could live longer, up in the heavens they tended to age mentally slower than natural and the prince though educationally smart. But when it came to emotional/relations basic understandings the prince did not understand. 

 So naturally he had a kids mentality for a long while now, maybe it's because of what he's been through who knows. The prince had a hard time talking or understanding his own feelings. But when he met the young master and formed a friendship he got to see a new side of the prince, a mischievous side, though he did not express it the prince enjoys the company and antics of Ning Jie.

"It was funny" 

"You didn’t Laugh!" Ning Jie yelled 

"Ha ha" he said dryly 

The emperor had pranked Ning Jie with toys on his birthday. It was very embarrassing until the emperor looked at his hand with a beautiful and rare bracelet. He wanted to get angry at the emperor but he couldn't because in the end everyone got a laugh out of it. 

It was after all "Jie Er turns" the little fix could only blush in defeat and swore to get back at the emperor. Ning Jie smiled as he sat opposite to the emperor who then poured him tea, then shifted the snacks to him.

"Eat" 

Ning Jie smiled, then took up the cup then started drinking the tea.

.
.
.
.

Ning Yuan inhales then exhales as everything around her absorbs into a glowing orb at the centre of her stomach. Her master walked behind her smiling. 

"Very good Yuan" he said as he placed his hands behind him.

She got up and cupped her hands bowing halfway. "Thank you master!" She smiled 

She got up and hugged him smiling, the master stared at her as she seemed a bit distracted as if something was on her mind. "I'd there something Yuan" his smooth silhouette voice inquired

"Uh, no it's just that, brother's birthday is coming up and his majesty had as my advise on older brother's gift" 

"His majesty? The emperor?" 

As soon as he spoke a devious smile laced across his face, "why not both of you look together?" 

Ning Yuan touched her lip, thinking while she looked down but then looked back up at her master. "That's a bright idea!" 

She smiled the master then patted her head gently as his eyes softens, "now that's a good girl" 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Ning Jie was on the emperor's back as he casually walked through the palace, servants looking at him. Soon consort Rou Yu walked in smiling at them after greeting the emperor.

"Please tell me your highness!" 

"No" 

"What seems to be the problem your imperial majesty" the consort inquired 

"Gift" the emperor answered 

"Gift?" She said confused

"Gift" the emperor repeated 

This was confusing for the concubine and she was becoming very very nervous. 

"Ning Jie wants to know his Gift" the emperor said 

Ning Jie smiled, "wow, your imperial majesty us capable of saying a full sentence" he said amuse 

"I am very capable" he said, while it's not expressed on his face his reply was laced with arrogance. 

"Haha, but yet incapable of saying a proper sentence of full paragraph!" Ning Jie laughed out, slapping the back of the emperor.

"......" concubine Rou Yu held in her laugh 

"Jie er, get off my back" 

"Don't be like that, your majesty! You are taking baby steps!" Ning Jie mocks 

The emperor went to grab him but Ning Jie jumped off, then made two hops back and jumped in the tree then on the roof. "Don't worry your majesty, we can't all be fluent speakers but it's really a shame for the emperor" 

"...... Jie er" the emperor said looking at him 

"Yeah?" Ning Jie said with a prideful smile 

"Run" 

The emperor took out a rope as Ning Jie panicked then started to run, the emperor didn't take long to follow pursuit as the chase began.