20 | day after

𝓢𝓮𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 20𝓽𝓱 2021

˜"*°•.˜"*°• adrian's pov •°*"˜.•°*"˜

"Ding!" A phone notification was heard coming from the bedside table, me being the light sleeper that I am is awoken by that sound. I slowly look down smiling softly as I see Aurora cuddled into my chest with her head tucked into my neck. I carefully reached towards my bedside and grabbed my phone, realizing that it was around 6:30a.m. which is already pass the time I usually wake up. I managed to have one of the best sleeps in a really long time and it is all thanks to my girl. I still have not processed in my mind that this angel here decided to give someone like me a chance to prove myself, and I would not disappoint her if it's the last thing I do.

I slowly got out of bed, not before leaving a bunch of kisses around Aurora's face making her swat my face away in annoyance and grumble leaving my chuckling at her. I walked towards the bathroom where I freshen up and got ready to head to the gym room not far from my bedroom. Before heading to the gym though, I made a quick stop at my home office to check on emails and updates on the recent projects I have been working on. Seeing the most recent email labeled 'invite' sent by my assistant, I clicked it open...

-----------------------------------------

FORMAL INVITE TO MR.BLACK

GALA HOSTED BY BLACK X KINGSTON INDUSTRIES

INVITATION INVITES ONLY

DATE: 10th October 2021

DRESS CODE: formal

Partners/dates are OPTIONAL

-----------------------------------------

This email caught my attention, bringing me to the realization that I am still keeping something from Aurora, my identity. I have already decided that I want to invite her to be my date for the gala, at the same time slowly introduce her into my world. I want her to first become more comfortable before dropping the bomb on her that I may or may not be the CEO of one of the top industries in the world. And with that thought in mind, I shut down my laptop and headed off to the gym.

-----------------------------------------

It has been around an hour and a half, and I was done working out and have just came out of the shower from the gym, I walked towards the bedroom to take a quick peep if Aurora was still sleeping and as expected, there she was sprawled out on the bed after kicking most of the covers off the bed.

Aurora told me that she had lectures this afternoon so I decided to start making some breakfast for her since she definitely would be starving once she finally decides to get up. I turned on the stove a decided to make some easy breakfast for her as well as pack her a little bento box for lunch since I have come to the realization that my aurora really doesn't know how to take care of herself, but it's fine, because that would be my job from now onwards.

-----------------------------------------

I was in the midst of closing up the bento boxes when I felt someone wrapped their soft arms around my waist with their face squashed into my back. "How was your sleep, amore?" I questioned softly while unwrapping her arms around my back and turning around so I could look at her.